Software Sales Representative
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job Title: Software Sales Representative
Reports To: Director; Business Development
Location: Rockford, IL
FLSA Status: Exempt
- MPOWR, the software division of SupplyCore Inc., is a leading technology solutions provider based in Rockford, IL. Serving both the private and public sectors, MPOWR's products strengthen organizations' collaboration and alignment of resources for greater organizational capacity and outcomes. At the heart of our methodology is a dedication to helping organizations achieve their mission, vision, values, and strategic goals in order to accomplish sustainable and scalable success. Our current cloud-based, collaborative case management platform serves as the centralized nervous system for human service providers and backbone support organizations, enabling true Collective Impact. For more information, visit www.MPOWR.com.
- This position is responsible for independently conducting the majority of sales activities within MPOWR. Responsibilities include seeking out potential customers, presenting on MPOWR products and service offerings, conducting thorough follow-up on all leads, identifying and reporting to management potential areas of opportunity, finalizing the sale process and ensuring smooth transition to the account management team. This position is also responsible for reviewing and continuously refining the MPOWR sales strategy with support and input from the Director, Business Development.Essential Functions: This job description is not meant to exhaustively encompass all potential job responsibilities, but rather provide an overview of the key responsibilities assigned to this position. Other duties may be assigned with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to permit those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Seeks out potential customers through internal marketing channels and customer referrals. Conducts cold calls as appropriate within appropriate market or geographic areas to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meets potential customers by growing, maintaining and leveraging network.
- Conducts in-depth reviews of MPOWR product offerings with potential customers.
- Travels to customer physical locations to conduct in-person meetings and product demos as required. Continuously develops and nurtures the customer relationship.
- Coordinates needs for campaigns to support sales activity with the marketing team.
- Conducts regular check-ins with existing customers. Works closely with the customer engagement and technical teams to ensure overall customer satisfaction and that any concerns are addressed, escalating issues where appropriate. Identifies and proposes additional product or service options to satisfy any areas of need.
- Provides management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
- Maintains thorough documentation of all customer contacts from lead generation through closing in the CRM system.
- With assistance from the Director, Business Development, continuously innovates the MPOWR sales model and process.
- Achieves identified sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Maintains a thorough, up-to-date understanding of all MPOWR product and service offerings.
- Attends associated industry trade shows as required. Represents MPOWR professionally.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours of Operation
- This position will operate Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- As needed, this position may exceed standard operating hours.
- Travel Requirements
- Travel requirements for this position are moderate. Expect approximately 25% of the time to be spent traveling.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skill Requirements: any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
- BA/BS in Business, Communications or related field
- Two or more years of direct or inside sales experience.
- Software sales experience preferred.
Skill Based Requirements:
- Self-starter, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales.
- Credible, confident and articulate with excellent communication skills used to deliver ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs.
- Resourceful. Proven ability to find creative solutions for customer challenges.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish.
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively and manage relationships effectively.
- Adaptable and open to feedback.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and common productivity tools (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel (air and road) to customer sites as needed.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- This individual in this position will be required to regularly communicate via email and phone with internal and external customers to answer/ask inquiries and perform other job related tasks. Must be able to exchange information clearly and accurately in all situations.
- Must be able to move and travel to conduct customer site visits and demonstrations.
- This position requires the majority of the time to be spent in front of a computer screen. Must be able to accurately perceive and identify customer information.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Exposure to an open floor, indoor office environment; expect regular staff interaction and interruption throughout the workday. Worksite is located separately from workplace parking garage.
Potential exposure to various office and environmental location depending on the customer.
Keywords: SupplyCore, Rockford , Software Sales Representative, Sales , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!