As Product Leader, this position is responsible for the technical
and commercial activities of their assigned product line, which
includes but not limited to customer interaction, costing/pricing,
forecasting, inquiries, proposals, quotations and orders. In
addition, this position will keep apprised of production/shipping
requirements for their applicable product line and help drive
expediting of orders when needed to ensure customer delivery and
quality standards are met. This individual will be viewed as a
technical expert in the product line they are assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- For the assigned product, creates timely and accurate sales
proposals, based on information from sales, service or directly
- Understands and maintains market value/competitive pricing
strategies for developing proposals.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing understanding of the technical
aspects of assigned product line with respect to the design and
fabrication phases to convey required information to customers.
- Partners with service department personnel to ensure installation
and start-up pricing are included as line items for each
- Effectively utilizes historical information, bill of materials,
engineered drawings and current cost structures for development of
- Ensures proactive communication with customer, project management
or other department staff to ensure all parties understand scope of
the project and lead times due to capacity and/or constraints.
- Track and provide requested updates to manager on continuous
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer specifications,
technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Possess strong verbal and written and communication skills.
- Possess high creative reasoning and attention to detail
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently without
- Possess strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities, timely follow up
on multiple proposals and multiple open issues simultaneously.
- Ability to handle complex and varied tasks which regularly
require the exercise of independent judgement and sound
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of the following or similar computer programs:
o Intermediate to Advanced Experience
- MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook)
o Beginner to Intermediate Experience:
- Database and Manufacturing software (ERP - Syteline 9
- CRM (Salesforce.com preferred)
- Autodesk software preferred (AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault)
- Must be willing and able to travel. Up to 10% of time
domestically. Must be able to travel by air.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Material Science, Technology,
Business Administration or other related field is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology, Material Science or
other related field is strongly preferred.
- Two years of related experience in sales, product management or
other related technical field is required.
- Prior experience working in aerospace, manufacturing, medical or
related fields is preferred.
Physical/Visual/Mental/ Environmental Factors
The demands described are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Regularly required to sit and use hands and finger
2. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and
3. Occasionally required to lift up to 10-20 pounds.
4. Regularly requires close vision, hearing and talking.
5. Exposure to moderate noise level while in office.
6. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
7. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orienatation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a