Software Sales Representative
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Job Title: Software Sales Representative
Reports To: Sales Manager
Location: Northeast Territory
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Headquartered in Rockford, IL, MPOWR--, the technology and
innovation division of SupplyCore Inc., produces market-leading
systems that facilitate collaboration, goal achievement and
strategy execution. After years of promoting our
participant-centered case management software, MPOWR Engage--,
MPOWR extended its solution offerings in 2019 to include MPOWR
Envision--, our internally-developed strategy planning and
execution platform. For more information about MPOWR and its
software solutions, visit www.mpowr.com.
- As a Software Sales Representative with the MPOWR team, you are
responsible for independently conducting the majority of sales
activities within MPOWR. Your responsibilities include seeking out
potential customers, presenting on MPOWR products and service
offerings, conducting thorough follow-up on all leads, identifying
and reporting to management potential areas of opportunity,
finalizing the sale process and ensuring smooth transition to the
account management team. This position is also responsible for
reviewing and continuously refining the MPOWR sales strategy with
support and input from the Chief Financial Officer & Sales
Essential Functions: This job description is not meant to
exhaustively encompass all potential job responsibilities, but
rather provide an overview of the key responsibilities assigned to
this position. Other duties may be assigned with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to permit those with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this
- Seeks out potential customers through internal marketing
channels and customer referrals. Conducts cold calls as appropriate
within appropriate market or geographic areas to ensure a robust
pipeline of opportunities. Meets potential customers by growing,
maintaining and leveraging network.
- Conducts in-depth reviews of MPOWR product offerings with
- Travels to customer physical locations to conduct in-person
meetings and product demos as required. Continuously develops and
nurtures the customer relationship.
- Coordinates needs for campaigns to support sales activity with
the marketing team.
- Conducts regular check-ins with existing customers. Works
closely with the customer engagement and technical teams to ensure
overall customer satisfaction and that any concerns are addressed,
escalating issues where appropriate. Identifies and proposes
additional product or service options to satisfy any areas of
- Provides management with reports on customer needs, problems,
interests, competitive activities and potential for new products
- Maintains thorough documentation of all customer contacts from
lead generation through closing in the CRM system.
- Continuously innovates the MPOWR sales model and process as
- Achieves identified sales targets and outcomes within
- Maintains a thorough, up-to-date understanding of all MPOWR
product and service offerings.
- Attends associated industry trade shows as required. Represents
- Keeps abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours of Operation
- This position will operate Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. 5:00
- As needed, this position may exceed standard operating
- Travel requirements for this position are moderate. Expect up
to approximately 25% of the time to be spent traveling.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements: any combination of equivalent
education and work experience will be considered.
- Associates Degree in Business, Communications or related
- One or more years of direct or inside sales experience.
- Software sales experience preferred.
Skill Based Requirements:
- Self-starter, highly motivated and target driven with a proven
track record in sales.
- Credible, confident and articulate with excellent communication
skills used to deliver ideas clearly and concisely.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; ability to
create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience
- Resourceful. Proven ability to find creative solutions for
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively and manage
- Adaptable and open to feedback.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage time
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and common productivity tools
(e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel (air and road) to customer sites as
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human
- This individual in this position will be required to regularly
communicate via email and phone with internal and external
customers to answer/ask inquiries and perform other job related
tasks. Must be able to exchange information clearly and accurately
in all situations.
- Must be able to move and travel to conduct customer site visits
- This position requires the majority of the time to be spent in
front of a computer screen. Must be able to accurately perceive and
identify customer information.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those the employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this position.
- Exposure to an open floor, indoor office environment; expect
regular staff interaction and interruption throughout the workday.
Worksite is located separately from workplace parking garage.
- Potential exposure to various office and environmental location
depending on the customer.
Keywords: SupplyCore, Rockford , Software Sales Representative, Sales , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!