Packaging Technician I (2nd shift)
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job DescriptionWhen you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher
Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and
recognized for your performance. With talented managers and
inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and
opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
General assembly of Thermo Fisher products. This includes
processing work orders to build kits, label products, print and
fold instruction booklets, and assist other Packaging Associates
with completing work orders.
What will you do?
- Set up and operate packaging and labeling equipment
- Process label work orders for manufacturing departments,
travelers, and any other documents that require printing
- Print out Batch Record Sheets, if applicable Print labels using
the approved label software Create and print spec sheets and CofA
s. Get the appropriate approvals before printing
- Process jobs utilizing less complex equipment pipetters, shrink
wrapping, automated labelers, etc.
- Complete required paperwork related to Packaging/ Labeling -
Batch Record Sheets, Engineering Change Notices, deviations,
Traveler, Antibody Template, label documents, Bill of Materials
- Develop and understand material process flow. This includes
knowledge of Raw Material, staging, Work In Process, paperwork,
storage areas, general production steps.
- Process jobs independently or in a team
- Conduct in-process quality control inspection of finished
- Perform calibration and preventative maintenance of packaging
- Cross train in different work cells within the Packaging
- The associate may be asked to undertake a Packaging/ Labeling
Technician II skill set, which enables their upwa
How will you get here?
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 4 months experience in a
biochemical/pharmaceutical packaging environment, preferred.
- Individual should be able to handle working in a fast paced
- Must be able to work within a team towards common goals
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a variety of environments
- Must be able to work within a controlled environment (clean
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic PC skills
- Good verbal and written communication skillsWhat Thermo Fisher
Offers to Employees:Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective
on first day of employmentPaid Time Off Eligible to accrue up to 3
weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start datePaid
Holidays401(K) Retirement Plan Company Matching Contribution up to
6%Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and
approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable
our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve
complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver
medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through
our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems,
Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an
unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and comprehensive services.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process, for
further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. Associated topics: baler, delivery, distribution,
foam, label, pack, packaging banding, packing, pharmaceutical
packaging, styrofoam Associated topics: baler, delivery,
distribution, foam, label, pack, packaging banding, packing,
pharmaceutical packaging, styrofoam Associated topics: baler,
delivery, distribution, foam, label, pack, packaging banding,
packing, pharmaceutical packaging, styrofoam
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Rockford , Packaging Technician I (2nd shift), Professions , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!