1st Shift Forklift Operator!
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on the shop floor with daily work area assignment that are
determined by Material Control Supervisor on business need.
- Ensure the proper training and onboarding of new hires and new
employees within their department.
- Complete rotations under different assignments, areas, shifts,
and interaction with MFG departments to ensure a well-rounded
- Work on every part of the Material Control area and learn from
all supervisors and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and
abilities in the Job Skill Checklist
- Owner of Material Inventory (Inventory accuracy, presentation,
Material usage at line site, Receiving/Shipping).
- Data tracking as it pertains to Inventory control (Negative OH,
Open TO, Cycle Counts).
- Complete Supervisor tasks under the supervision of a supervisor
while receiving feedback.
- Responsible for seeking out subject matter experts, when
necessary, to ensure line item sign-off
- Attend one coaching session per week with a member of the
Mentorship team (Material Control Supervisor).
- Responsible for bringing a challenge or challenges they have
encountered to each session to workshop with the mentorship team
(Material Control Supervisor).
- Complete all items on the Job Skill Checklist signed off.
- Learn each section of the line including but not limited to:
Front Walls, SAM, Sidewalls, Floors/Scuffs/Lining, Rear Frames,
Roofs, Doors, End of Line, and MOD Center
- Learn from indirect departments including but not limited to:
Human Resources, Material Control, Maintenance, Design Engineering,
Manufacturing, Fabrication, Purchasing, IT, and Quality.
- Learn the knowledge, skills, and ability of Environmental
Health and Safety.
- Understand the Cardinal Safety Rules, the purpose of the Safety
Committee, and who is apart of the Safety Committee.
- Develop Leadership skills based on mentorship.
- Develop the skills to be able to conduct an accident
- Develop the skills to be able to conduct a Job Hazard
- Develop the skills to be able to conduct a 5-Why Analysis.
- Develop the skills to be able to conduct Kaizen process.
- Manage paperwork flow, department policies, and
- Learn how to track absenteeism and time keeping.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures. Other duties
as assigned. Some travel may be required to our Evansville and
Brodhead facilities to support the Cycle Count team members
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Preferred but not required to be a team lead for 6 months of
experience within a team lead role immediately preceding the
- Experience with a health and safety management system (e.g.:
- Demonstrated ability to prepare/plan for what is coming (30
days, 60 days, etc.)
- Experience using ERP/MRP and timekeeping software in a
- Experience in training and development preferred
- Preferred Manufacturing environment background
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and
prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Experience in measuring performance to goals and standards.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of
safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations
- Advanced Computer skills (Syteline, Factory Track, Powerpoint
presentations, Excel, etc.)
- Core Competencies:
- Technical Aptitude
- Responsibility / Accountability. Training:
- 30-minute Orientation
- Six months of training based on Job Skill Checklist. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Rockford , 1st Shift Forklift Operator!, Professions , Browntown, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!