Reliability Engineer for Advanced Mfg / Maintenance
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Please note we are located in Muscatine, IA HNI Corporation is a
global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to
enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride
ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive
impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and
belonging. As a Reliability Engineer, you will perform a variety of
engineering activities as they impact our maintenance operations.
If you hold a Bachelors' Degree in Engineering, enjoy challenges
and embrace continuous improvement, this is an excellent
opportunity! Some of the essential aspects of the Reliability
Engineer position include:
- Plan out long-term operation of assets. Possible sources of
failure are identified, and plans are developed to proactively
prepare for the life cycle of equipment.
- Develop proactive and preventative maintenance (PM) strategies,
inspection criteria, functionality tests, analyze statistical data
and operating methods to help predict when and how failures might
- Incorporate predictive methods that improve equipment uptime by
incorporating Vibration, Infrared, Alignment, Ultrasonic, and
- Track production losses and abnormally high maintenance costs
to assets and find ways to reduce these losses or high costs.
Prioritize efforts to large/most critical opportunities. Develop
plans to eliminate or reduce losses through RCA.
- Provide plant engineering with technical support and guidance
for handling breakdowns.
- Manage risk to the organization's strategic objectives in the
areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability,
quality, and production. Utilize tools that help identify and
reduce risk by applying FMEA
- Failure modes and effects analysis, FTA Fault tree analysis,
ETA Event tree analysis, CA Critical analysis.
- Manage CMMS administrative duties. Work cross-functionally with
operations, supplier, and end users to support current and future
functionality of our CMMS solution
- Teach and support other Members on their use of Asset
- Communicate and partner with key stakeholders such as Group
Leaders, Maintenance Engineers, and Skilled Trades Managers
- Establish best practices and standard KPI's for Skilled
- Document and log Maintenance inventory into Asset Essentials
for our facilities.
- Become the Inventory Team manager and subject matter expert for
- Manage and execute projects efficiently with team members to
meet established deadlines
- Provide and maintain a high level of visual management What it
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering is preferred
- Work experience specific to engineering; internships and co-ops
will be considered
- Strong problem-solving and project management capabilities Why
- Daily Pay - we offer a voluntary benefit to gain immediate
access to a percentage of your next paycheck without having to wait
until pay day!
- Benefits Day 1 - medical, dental, vision and 11 paid
- Paid time off is front loaded and ready to use Day 1 (up to
16-days per calendar year, prorated based on hire date for current
- We offer an inclusive workplace and culture where all Members
are welcomed and valued If you're interested in joining our team,
apply today and a recruiter will be in contact with you soon! We
look forward to hearing from you! HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a
manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products,
operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is
a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings,
going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential
building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and
marketer of hearth products. As one of the larger employers in
Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for
the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020,
2021, and in 2022 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by
Newsweek. How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out
our CSR Report here: Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are
not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We
value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve
problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI
goals here: We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary
benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to
offer visit . We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Rockford , Reliability Engineer for Advanced Mfg / Maintenance, Professions , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!