Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10030186 Plant
Rockford, IL - Linden Rd - Filling industrial
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
Position Title: Plant Operator
Location: Rockford, IL
Shift: Monday - Friday
The Plant Operator is responsible for safely operating equipment
for the handling and production of packaged gas cylinders, both for
high pressure and liquefied gases.
- Loads and unloads gas cylinders and/or other products onto and
off of route trucks and trailers moving cylinders with proper carts
- Sorts empty cylinders by type.
- Rolls cylinders and operates a forklift truck for the movement
of cylinders on pallets.
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of
cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the
color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares
high pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling. Attaches
to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible
- Performs basic cylinder maintenance such as painting cylinders,
labeling cylinders, and cleaning of work area.
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard
procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor
standards. Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such
as odor tests, checking caps and valves. Fills cylinders by
pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
- Checks for cylinder quantities, styles and product, and/or
assists with inventory
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards.
Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to
the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
Are you a MATCH?
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year of experience in manufacturing operations or loading
experience is preferred.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or
chemical industry preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a
wide variety of people with different personalities and
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to perform math functions
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Rockford , Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator, Professions , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!