Company: Spectrum Preferred Meats Inc
Location: Mount Morris
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Job descriptionDescriptionThe primary purpose of the
Electrical/Mechanical Technician is to work in a team or
autonomously performing mid to expert level mechanical, electrical,
and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on
equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams,
sketches, and printsEssential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations,
technical instructions, and guidelines.
- Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and
- Performs mid to expert level break-fix & preventative
- This includes but is not limited to:
- observing devises in operation to location root cause of
- dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective
- examining parts to detect imperfections,
- adjustment of functional parts of devices and control
- repair and/or replacement of defective parts,
- testing of device to observe performance,
- performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical
- reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Responsible for programmable controllers and computer process
- Troubleshoot & maintain PLCs and variable speed
- Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems to resolve software/
hardware and configuration problems.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining
operations including but not limited to: drill press, grinder, and
other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- May perform welding tasks.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Drives and participates in CI activities - processes, results,
and cost savings.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect
equipment performance data.
- Aids junior-level technicians and provides leadership to small
teams and/or contractors.
- Completes on-the-job and technical self-study programs for
- Work in and around the buildings and grounds as
- Work safety oriented.
- Must have a strong working knowledge in computers, and food
- Good planning, organizational, problem solving, people
- Developed verbal and written communication.
- Team player, self-starter, motivator, goal oriented, strategic
thinker.Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, team member is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle or
feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance
to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear.
- Team member is occasionally required to sit.
- Team member must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50
- Team member is regularly required to use close vision and color
- Team member is routinely exposed to outside weather conditions
with temperatures ranging from -35 degrees and up.
- There is a risk of electrical shock
- Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is
usually very loud.
- In the factory environment, team member may be exposed to
hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.Job
Type: Full-timeSalary: $40.00 - $60.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Keywords: Spectrum Preferred Meats Inc, Rockford , Electro/Mechanical Technician, Professions , Mount Morris, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...