Production Supervisor - Sheet Metal
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Direct and manage manufacturing operational area(s) with overall
responsibility for production, health and safety systems, workflow
planning, maintenance, employee relations, training, turnover,
quality, inventory, continuous improvement, and other production
related activities. - Recommend improvements in production methods,
equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage employees to ensure effective employee relations are
developed, health and safety management systems are adhered to,
productivity levels are consistently met, turnover is minimized and
properly evaluated when it happens, proper inventory levels are
maintained, and the importance of consistent high quality standards
are communicated and met. Provide employee coaching and
- Make employment decisions.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution, balance
safety, quality, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive
results in all areas.
- Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Perform accident investigations
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual
controls and provide regular progress reports to VP of
Manufacturing. Will be accountable for identified metrics (safety,
cost per unit, on-time delivery, productivity)
- Provide leadership through a 30-day planning cycle
- Manage paperwork flow
- Manage department policies and procedures.
- Track absenteeism and time keeping
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Company involvement in projects, awards, ceremonies, award
dinners, and facility tours are required.
- Interact with suppliers and other outside personnel as
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and
functions, which are essential to the position. - Employees must be
able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. -Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: Additional education in related field desirable but
- List any other Certifications
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment. Three of which are in
a leadership, supervisory or management capacity, including
employee hiring and retention, performance review and
- Experience with a health and safety management system (e.g.:
- Experience in training and development.
- Machining/ assembly background.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and
prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Experience in measuring performance to goals and
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of
safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee
- Systems, continuous improvement, inventory, and problem
analysis and resolution orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in Blueprint reading and computer skills
- Core Competencies:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality oriented
- CPR and Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Company Hazardous Waste polices, goals, documents, Sexual
Harassment Policy and any other policies and procedures required
for this position.
- Any other identified training programs required for this
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Please refer to the general office physical demands checklist for
more information regarding the working conditions and physical
requirements for this job.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Rockford , Production Supervisor - Sheet Metal, Professions , Orfordville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!