Multi-craft Maintenance Technician
Company: Orion - Zekelman
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance
Foreman, is responsible for the safe repair and rebuild of tube
mill production equipment to maximize quality, uptime, rate and
yield. Requires a high aptitude regarding mechanical ability,
troubleshooting and problem-solving skills regarding equipment
operation, process conditions in order to diagnose and resolve
PAY: Up to $29/hr + $1,000 sign-on bonus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the process,
equipment, controls and storeroom areas
- Ensure equipment is maintained mechanically following all
defined safety procedures and that everyone working on the
equipment is following these procedures, including LOTO. Ensure
that all guards and safety equipment are in place and operational
before turning the equipment over to the operator.
- Initiates troubleshooting techniques to solve quality, process
and mechanical problems
- Ability to properly use required hand tools, power tools,
hoists, cranes, alignment equipment, measuring devices and testing
- Responsible to monitor, inspect, and complete reports on
equipment using manual and computerized maintenance management
- Perform preventative maintenance on assigned mechanical
- Assist other team members as needed
- Communicate all equipment issues with the Maintenance
- Assists in new installation and upgrades of plant
- Sign out all materials used to maintain proper inventory
- Ability to utilize catalogs and vendor contacts to research and
requisition parts and materials as needed
- Interface with electricians, production operators, production
foreman, engineers or any other persons involved during equipment
PM or repairs.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years Maintenance Mechanic experience
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to perform mechanical
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the
posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required
by regulatory agencies and company policy
- Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back
muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant
movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual
dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for several
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Must be able to stand for 10-12 hours
- Ability to perform work in a plant/manufacturing
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
Keywords: Orion - Zekelman, Rockford , Multi-craft Maintenance Technician, Professions , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!