Class A CDL Driver - Extra Board
Company: Gordon Food Service
Location: Loves Park
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
Gordon Food Service is hiring for an Extra Board Class A CDL Driver
in our Rockford, IL service area! You will serve as an important
member of our team working to cover vacations and extra routes.
Stable work schedule (known 1-2 weeks in advance)
Shift: Varies - 1st, 3rd, and Overnights
Compensation: Our drivers average $80,000 - $85,000 yearly in this
-Daily base pay, plus component pay
-Paid for every mile driven, stop made, and case delivered
-$1200 Guaranteed Minimum weekly
Overnights away from home incentives offered
Why choose GFS?
- 89% of leadership is hired from within GFS - start your career
- Stability - you're guaranteed a route and paid weekly
- Affordable benefits plans - start after 30 days!
- Profit sharing and 401K with 4% match
Here's what you will be doing:
- Enjoy an established route, building great customer
- Deliver bulk food items to each customer site - likely 12-14
drops per day
- Connect with the customer to be sure their needs are
- Use state of the industry tools to track your deliveries and
- At least 21 years of age
- Class A CDL License required at hire
- Successfully pass a drug test that will assess drug usage
(including marijuana) and a background check
- Ability to operate a two-wheel cart with loads of up to 350
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food
- You must be registered through the Department of Transportation
Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide electronic consent in
order to be considered for employment with us effective January
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Rockford , Class A CDL Driver - Extra Board, Professions , Loves Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!