Production Welder B - 2nd Shift
Company: Ipsen International Inc
Location: Cherry Valley
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Ipsen USA is the industry leader for versatile heat treatment
systems and advanced process technology. Our advanced equipment is
developed for Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Medical, Tool & Die,
and other various industries across the globe.
2nd Shift Core Hours; 2:30p - 11:00 p$24.81/hr. plus 2nd Shift
Premium1 position Open SUMMARY: Understands and performs all
activities required to effectively lay out work, set-up appropriate
equipment to meet or exceed fabrication, assembly, and customer
requirements per published schedules. Is qualified in all welding
disciplines. Efficiently utilizes resources to minimize scrap,
materials, and labor.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
includes the following. Other duties may be assigned within this
classification.Must be able to fulfill and carry out required
duties and functions as described in the Production Welder C job
description.Performs the operational aspects of all equipment
assigned to the area, especially the various safety aspects such as
- Understands all assigned equipment procedures, capabilities,
- Is qualified in Mig, Tig, Arc, Oxy-acetylene, brazing, and
- Sets-up, adjusts, and operates all portable cutting equipment
such as plasma, air arc, and oxy-acetylene torches.
- Verifies various raw or processed materials according to: type,
gauge, sizing, or dimension.
- Selects, sets-up, and adjusts miscellaneous hand tools and
- Plans layout, parts positioning, component fit-up, assembly
sequence and equipment necessary to complete job.
- Dismantles, straightens, reshapes, or re-welds components,
product, or assemblies with minimum warpage to meet
- Fits-up and tacks components and complex pipe assemblies per
- Must demonstrate and understands how to fabricate cooling
coils/Heat-x assemblies per specifications.
- Operates sandblasting equipment.
- Verifies proof of conformance of finished product to
- Safely operates overhead cranes, fork trucks, handtrucks, or
other various equipment to move material or product.
- Properly selects, attaches, and moves materials and/or
equipment with the appropriate lifting devices such as chains,
clevices, or straps.
- Performs simple upkeep and/or cleaning of equipment.LEAK CHECK
- Sets-up, programs, adjusts, and operates vacuum pumping
systems, pump stand, portable unit, and does applicable utility
connections for water, power, and exhaust on portable unit.
- Sets-up, programs, adjusts, and operates the helium mass
- Calibrates the helium mass spectrometer on a daily basis prior
to any vacuum leak testing.
- Performs the appropriate requirements for leak testing
functions by blanking off ports, flanges, couplings, or other as
- Performs leak-testing functions with the helium mass
spectrometer while part is under vacuum or pressure.
- Pressure tests components with helium or air to meet
- Checks for leaks utilizing snoop or other specified
- Sets-up, programs, adjusts, and operates the hydrostatic test
equipment when applicable.
- Performs hydrostatic test functions when applicable.
- Understands the capabilities, capacities, and limitations
associated with all equipment assigned to leak check area.Saw
- Sets-up, programs, and operates all assigned vertical and
- Understands all adjustments such as tilt, guides, stock block,
of various fixtures required for specific angle cuts.
- Sets and adjusts feed rates for types of steel and blade
- Changes blades, monitors, and adds coolant as
required.QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general
education degree (G.E.D.) and a minimum of 1 year related
experience and/or training.LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read,
analyze, interpret, and comprehend all forms of written and/or
verbal instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Effectively able to present information and respond to questions
from managers, supervisors, and other employees of the
organization.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Basic knowledge of geometry
relative to determining angles of required cuts in order to
properly fit components.REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply a
common sense approach and understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Fork lift and overhead crane
training and certification required. Qualified in all welding
disciplines.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne
particles and may require the use of respiratory protection; and
occasionally to high and/or precarious places or situations. The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require
hearing protection.All Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Ipsen International Inc, Rockford , Production Welder B - 2nd Shift, Professions , Cherry Valley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!