Horticultural Shipping Coordinator
Company: Resource Environmental Solutions
Posted on: April 8, 2021
RES is the nation's largest and most experienced provider of
ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we
have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and
rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of
special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting
over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of
polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the
environmental permitting process with solutions that balance
economic development and ecological sustainability through the
establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee
responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility
The Horticultural Shipping Coordinator will oversee and execute the
planning and implementation of plant order fulfillment and shipping
for the local nursery.
- Fulfills orders for plants.
- Oversees order allocation ensuring that crops are correctly
allocated so that products selected fulfill projects and do not
compromise other project fulfillments.
- Ensure that materials shipped meet the QA/QC guidelines, client
expectations and project specifications
- Consults with the Native Perennials Manager about quality
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of materials.
- Ensures proper documentation and compliance with international
- Coordinates orders between sales staff and production staff, to
ensure product is ready on time.
- Coordinates maintenance and upkeep of shipping related
- Develops, maintains and share weekly shipping and order filling
- Ensures DOT and DATCP compliance as related to the plant
- Ensures that schedules fulfill the needs of both internal and
- Coordinates staff with other work group leaders
- Sets up and coordinates weekend order filling staff.
- Assists in report preparation.
- Manages shipping manifest to ensure accurate accounting or
orders shipped and associated shipping fees.
- Provides accurate data to Inventory Manager.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of shipping-related
- Responsible for housekeeping and safety of the department
- Assists in plant production, facilities maintenance and other
nursery duties as directed.
- Carries out work in a safe manner in full accordance with
safety guideline. Immediately ceases work if unsafe conditions are
identified. Corrects and reports unsafe condition and
Supervises one or more employees. Is responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance and resolving problems.
- Associates degree or higher and / or combination of equivalent
education and experience in horticulture, logistics or related
- 2 or more years working experience; preference in the
- English - Spanish is encouraged but not necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to obtain a Fed Med Card
- Ability to obtain a CDL
- Forklift certification
The working conditions and physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willing and able to perform and comply with the following
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle
or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or
airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving
- The employee is expected to be able to conduct field work that
may require walking up or down steep grades or on uneven ground,
operating in inclement, not dangerous, weather conditions, exposure
to direct sun and other weather, and may be in areas occupied by
wild or domestic animals. Exposure to thorny or poisonous plant
materials is not uncommon in the field. The employee may be
requested to wade or participate in work conducted on open
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor PI133408253
Keywords: Resource Environmental Solutions, Rockford , Horticultural Shipping Coordinator, Professions , Monroe, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!