Company: SPX Flow
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW)
innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by
designing, delivering, and servicing high value solutions at the
heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The
company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating
and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems,
into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets.
SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with
operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150
If you combine your supply chain experience with a go-getter
approach and the ability to learn quickly in a changing
environment, this position offers you multiple compelling
opportunities. You will:
* Be in on the "ground floor" as we re-engineer our buying
function, giving you a strong understanding not only the how but
also the why of new processes -- knowledge that will serve you well
in your career with us.
* Expand your skills and experience as you collaborate with a
number of contacts, including other Buyers, management, planning
and sourcing teams, engineering and manufacturing.
* Work with a great team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
-- just a couple of reasons with have a high number of long-tenured
* Join a team that enjoys strong support from senior leadership.
Rockford has been identified as a growth site, and we are gearing
up to support that growth.
* Showcase your potential to take on new responsibilities and
advance in our growing global organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will support production through material planning, supplier
expedites and inventory management, and also prepare and processes
requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods,
services and supplies for customer-related business processes or
for internal use.
A key objective will be to have material in the door to meet
customer dates without inventory. In a typical day you will
create/convert requisition to purchase orders, post reschedule
exception messages, and manage drops in orders. You'll also confirm
PO dates and ensure SAP incoming inventory numbers are accurate. In
collaboration with the Quality team, you will clear PO and vendor
issues, working with suppliers and vendors to make sure they meet
specs. If not, you'll communicate that to Quality.
More specifically, you will:
* Make purchases of assigned products to satisfy production needs
of a timely basis, lowest total costs and required quality.
* Develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships to ensure
favorable terms, desired quality and prompt delivery.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with
internal customers, interfacing departments, and key supplier
contacts to support continuous improvement initiatives.
* Maintain safety stock, lead time and reorder point for purchased
goods and raw components.
* Initiate cost savings projects within product / vendor
assignments in order to help control total landed costs.
* Implement best practices. Design and implement new processes
based on system generated information. Work towards a synergistic
supply chain model where all links in the chain are visible within
the ERP system.
* Analyze consumption trends, plan complex and/or long-lead items,
and drive material / kanban set-up for anticipated customer
* Pursue self-improvement by attending seminars, college courses,
and/or professional association programs.
* Model and promote the SPX Flow Core Values to create an
environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business
To excel in this role you will have the agility to hit the ground
running and learn as you go. You also will need to be flexible as
we reorganize this function and processes.
* A BS/BA degree or equivalent relevant experience. A degree in
Engineering, Supply Chain or Computer Science is preferred.
* CPM/CPIM certification is a plus.
* 4 to 6 years of experience in a buying, purchasing and/or supply
chain role. Experience with outside operations is a plus.
* Strong understanding of materials; high inventory turns and short
lead time product environment
* Manufacturing experience is preferred, and experience with
parts-driven buying and short lead times would be ideal.
* Proficiency in MS Office applications; experience with SAP is
* Leadership potential; at minimum you should be able to hold other
cross-functional teams accountable to deadlines.
* The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast
paced, dynamic environment and collaborate with stakeholders.
* The ability to learn and adapt well to change and new
* A customer service mindset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
SPX FLOW VALUES
Throughout SPX FLOW you will find a strong commitment to our
* Think all customer, all the time.
* Embrace teamwork with no borders.
* Be obsessed with being the best.
* Own your actions.
* Ask the hard question.
* Do the right thing, always!
* Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX's business, and every
employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any
nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system.
All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such
nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
reason prohibited by law.
Keywords: SPX Flow, Rockford , Buyer III, Professions , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!