Maintenance Technician II
Company: Evoqua Water Technologies
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Evoqua has the strength of a major global business while embracing
the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. Our innovative products
have been solving the world's water problems for more than 100
years. Today, we are building on that strong history of success -
transforming water for our customers enriching the lives of
Evoqua's unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced
technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and
services helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean
water, and equips the leisure and commercial industries to maximize
productivity and profitability. Every day, millions of people and
thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help
meet their needs for clean water.
What does it mean to work here. . .
Our Mindset: We put customers first. We know we succeed only when
our customers succeed. To that end, we make decisions at lowest
possible levels, at fastest possible speeds - freeing employees to
respond to customers quickly and effectively without sacrificing
safety or quality.
Our organization: We work as "One Evoqua". We collaborate across
our global enterprise. In an increasingly competitive marketplace,
no single product, group or unit succeeds on their own, no matter
how remarkable they are. We are one team.
Our People: We hire for brains and heart. We are industry experts
who foster great relationships with colleagues and customers. We
value technical knowledge and experience, alongside business
insight and people smarts. We nurture both the hard and soft skills
of our talent.
Our Leadership: We lead from where we are. We take ownership. We
lead from all levels. We value the opportunity to grow, as a
business and as people. We hold each other accountable to make the
right things happen for maximum performance.
Our promise: Grow with the Best. We grow with the best. We are on
the move. As the world's first choice for water solutions, our
workplace will continue to evolve and expand, and so will the
opportunities. This is a workplace that nourishes talented people.
Immerse yourself . . . in Evoqua.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we
pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
The Maintenance Technician works independently and with other plant
personnel to perform preventative, predictive, and routine
maintenance tasks to the facility and equipment therein.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Directs, mentors and coaches Maintenance Tech Is (if
- Collects and assists with documentation of repair
- Prepares and sets up equipment for production after repair.
Assist and instruct others when required.
- Works from instruction manual, mechanical drawings and
- Troubleshoots and determines appropriate actions for repair of
facility support equipment. Engages external contractors for
repairs if necessary.
- Provides technical support to ensure equipment is in a constant
state of readiness.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance to maintain safety and increase
up-time of facility equipment.
- Maintains plant equipment in a state of readiness by safely
utilizing hand tools, power tools, hoists, cranes, and
measuring/testing instruments, specialty tools, and specialty
equipment as required.
- Participates and contributes in a team environment.
- Documents all corrective and preventive maintenance work
performed throughout the course of the day using computer
- Maintains a clean and safe work area and adheres to 5S
- Ensures employee safe passage into parking lots and buildings
through snow/ice removal and de-icing application (site
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing maintenance
experience or related training.
- Must have knowledge of and be capable of demonstrating
maintenance practices and methods when executing mechanical and
electrical repairs of equipment.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Be capable of working from and understanding equipment manuals,
specifications, and BOM's (Bill of Materials). Be capable of
comprehending both written and oral instructions.
- Ability and certifications to operate mobile equipment such as
forklifts, scissor lifts, and other equipment required to perform
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant
- Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- May work indoors and outdoors as needed. Exposure to heat up to
120 degrees and cold to 0 degrees.
- May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing
protection is required.
- May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt.
- Work surfaces may include concrete.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via
- Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against
qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination
against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected
by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water
Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search
Nearest Major Market: Rockford
Apply now --
Keywords: Evoqua Water Technologies, Rockford , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!