Company: SPX Flow
Posted on: May 16, 2020
If you combine strong supervisory experience with a background in
continuous improvement and solid change management skills, the role
of Logistics Supervisor with SPX FLOW in Rockford could be your
ideal opportunity. In this role, you will:
* Make your mark as you build out logistics processes for the
distribution center, and manage and develop a team of twenty-five,
including two team leaders, working across three shifts.
* Work with Engaged leadership and enjoy Outstanding training
opportunities including formal leadership training and APIC
certification, if you don't already have it. SPX Flow pays for
training and certification.
* Work in a Positive, fast-paced environment with a family-like
atmosphere. People enjoy working here and tend to stay, as
demonstrated by the high number of tenured employees.
* Prove yourself in this role and you can Continue to advance your
career in Rockford or at locations across our global organization.
SPX Flow is committed to hiring from within whenever possible.
* Enjoy SPX Flow's Total Rewards Program where you'll earn
competitive compensation, potential bonus and excellent benefits in
a challenging work environment offering opportunities for personal
development and career growth and recognition.
You'll primarily work the day shift, typically beginning at 6 AM
(there is some flexibility). This is an essential, high-impact role
requiring a do what it takes approach including keeping your finger
on the pulse of the team across all shifts and providing some
oversight on the 3rd shift. Relocation assistance may be available
for an outstanding candidate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Materials Manager, you will be responsible for
supervising and directing receiving, shipping, warehousing and
material handling functions to ensure all materials are delivered,
stocked and issued in a timely, safe and quality assured manner.
You will oversee the control, accuracy and movement of materials in
and out of the warehouse and point of distribution (POD), and be
responsible for all costs, metrics and headcount decisions for
receiving, warehousing and shipping.
While there are some processes in place, key to your role will be
your ability to identify gaps and implement process improvements.
You'll create the vision and plan, and if improvement costs exceed
your budget, you'll need to sell that vision to leadership to gain
buy-in. You will oversee special projects to streamline warehouse
operations, such as relocating stock, and take on high-impact,
longer-term facility projects.
You will also:
* Proactively drive improvement in safety by:
* Communicating daily safety initiatives.
* Confirming all training is completed on-time.
* Ensuring all safety actions for assigned areas are implemented
within 30 days.
* Leading any incident investigations to be completed within 24
* Completing and ensuring compliance for risk assessments being
implemented for all processes within defined areas.
* Monitoring daily to ensure all safety policies and expectations
are being followed.
* Leading 5S implementation.
* Implement lean standards to improve the efficiency of indirect
team to drive improvement in external customer on-time
* Develop/mentor/guide the stockroom and distribution team leaders
to achieve desired performance goals for safety, quality, delivery,
* Act as the first point of contact for any and all escalations for
the warehouse to be resolved or further escalated within a timely
* Leverage industry best practices to continuously improve our
current processes into a world-class, high-volume distribution
* Create and communicate daily expectations and drive the plan to
meet goals developed for warehouse.
* Be responsible for cross-training/developing team in all required
* Hold team accountable to meet all policies, procedures, goals and
expectations with thorough documentation.
* To inspire/motivate team to drive actions to consistently
* Represent the leadership team inclusive of being the primary
backup for Site Operations Manager.
* Ensure all product meets customer and regulatory body
* Own resolving all nonconforming product issues timely in
accordance with quality policy.
* Lead in communicating corrective actions to reduce repeat
failures to all stakeholders.
* Coordinate and assign activities to receive and store incoming
materials and prepare domestic and foreign freight for
* Participate in corporate freight bid and provide insight into
local territory preferred freight vendors as the primary owner of
the freight expense account.
* Prepare a variety of reports relating to warehouse activities to
track internal and external performance metrics in accordance to
the facility goals.
* Allocate work to various material handling, shipping, receiving
and warehouse personnel to ensure material is shipped and received
so that customer requirements may be completed on time.
* Manage the daily and weekly schedules of warehouse employees.
* Maintain all necessary records and files.
* Model and promote the SPX Flow Leadership Standards to create an
environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business
Note: The above listed responsibilities are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties
required. You will be expected to perform other duties as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to promote a Safety-Focused culture.
* Demonstrated ability to implement changes to drive improvement to
* Strong strategic thinking skills with the ability to define a
vision for team members.
* High learning agility and willingness to learn
warehouse/inventory best practices.
* Understanding of material handling best practices and best cost
* Continuous Improvement mentality; very curious; always looking
for a better way to run processes.
* Ability to operate and train on material handling equipment.
* Ability to travel to other locations up to 25%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma is required; some college is preferred.
* Proven leadership track record, including ability to develop
associates and teams.
* 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience developing processes and training.
* Experience/background in Lean or Six-Sigma; certification is
* SAP experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand for long periods of time and operate
machinery and/or lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is
occasionally required to kneel, bend, stoop, walk or work in high
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact the Human Resources Department at
Keywords: SPX Flow, Rockford , Supervisor, Logistics, Professions , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!