Senior Scientist II/III, Cell/Molecular Biology (Rockford,IL)
Posted on: February 15, 2019
AbbVie Oncology Discovery is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Cell/Molecular Biologist with a proven track record of accomplishments in the cancer field. Applicants should have extensive laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential as the candidate is expected to operate in a highly paced and multi-disciplined environment, interacting with diverse groups of experts from within or outside of their scientific discipline. The candidate must be able to prioritize and manage multiple research activities. A background in the mechanisms of signal transduction and/or oncogenesis is preferred. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in research or development activities.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing laboratory research or method development, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- Formulate conclusions and design follow-on experiments based on multidisciplinary data.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are scientifically meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a research or development program.
- A primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of relevant technologies.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, and animal care where applicable.
- Direct mentorship of others Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience. Basic:
- PhD, Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics/Genomics, Pharmacology, Oncology or related field with 12+ (BS), 10+ (MS) or 4+ years (PhD) of experience in cell/molecular biology, oncogenic pathways, cell death signaling and/or translational research in Oncology
- Previous experience in drug discovery and/or translational research is preferred, but not required
- Impactful research experience as demonstrated by track record of publications, patents and/or scientific accomplishments is essential, as is the ability to engage internal and external scientific leaders in collaborative research.
- Technical proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular and molecular biology techniques with a working knowledge of 'omics technologies are a must.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential. Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers cross-functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' of concepts and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages to reality Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Associated topics: bio, biological engineer, biomedical, bioprocessing, genetic, hereditary, molecular, neuroscience, pain, pharmaceutical
Keywords: AbbVie, Rockford , Senior Scientist II/III, Cell/Molecular Biology (Rockford,IL), Other , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!