1st Shift Quality Monitor
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all types of tools essential and necessary to the job,
including but not limited to brake test machine, light tester, man
lift, bumper jack, ABS tester, wrenches, tape measure.
- Work on the trailer assembly line and sub-assembly areas
monitoring those items as designated by the Quality Assurance
- Verify conformance of each assigned item to company and/or
customer drawings, standards and specifications.
- Record acceptance or rejection decision by identifying
him/herself on the appropriate forms and ensure reasons for
rejections are clearly defined.
- Assist in the initiation of corrective action by management in
the event of sub-standard quality levels or failure to meet
acceptance or reliability standards.
- Maintain communications with all assembly line managers,
continuously informing these managers of all out-of-specification
conditions, especially where noted on more than one unit.
- Maintain daily off the line reporting status of all units
leaving sub-assembly and final assembly line.
- Submit continuous product quality appraisals to those
individuals whose subordinates affect the physical outcome of the
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient and highly
productive manner according to company policy.
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis.
Maintain good attendance.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime.
- Follow company policies and procedures. Other duties may be
assigned by the company.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and
functions, which are essential to the position. - Employees must be
able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. - Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, based on
education and work experience.
- FHWA (Federal Highway Administration) test and re-certification
test every two years is mandatory
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of computers is required.
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
- Bi-lingual beneficial.
- Must possess good written and oral communication
- Must be able to work well with manufacturing -hourly employees
-and all levels of management personnel.
- Core Competencies:
- Detail-oriented: someone who pays attention to the details and
can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just
the effects, and that does this in a second nature type of
- Motivated: stimulate (someone's) interest in or enthusiasm for
- Organized: arranged in a systematic, orderly way
- Company provided training may include but not limited to:
- Utility/Golf Cart
- Aerial Lifts - Genie/Wave/Manlifts
- Stoughton Trailers will provide training on trailer
specifications, engineering drawings and quality assurance checking
- Stoughton Trailers will provide training to operate measuring
and test equipment related to the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Rockford , 1st Shift Quality Monitor, Other , Orfordville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...