Hiring Now! 1st Shift Welder
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all types of tools necessary to the job, including but
not limited to, wire feed welder, plasma cutter, oxygen and
acetylene cutting torches, hand drill, hammer, needle gun, chisel,
utility knives, putty scraper, disk sander, rivet gun, impact
wrench, huck gun, grinder, clamps, combination square, automatic
welder and tape measure.
- Weld in all positions such as vertical, flat, vertical lap and
- Set up various parts and assemblies for welding.
- Set machines up for carbon and stainless steel of various
- Place and move blocking, braces and jigs to hold
- Hammer wedges and drift pins, turn turnbuckles, and pull pry
bars to align parts.
- Grind or chip rough edges, surplus weld, or scale.
- Position and turn clamps, and bolt together straps or
- Operate overhead cranes, hoists and other lifting
- Perform measurement and quality checks and record
- Operate robotic weld equipment.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient and highly
productive manner according to company policy.
- Contribute to the team effort to produce a quality
- Attend scheduled work hours on a regular and timely basis.
Maintain good attendance.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime. Other duties may be
assigned by the company.
Above is a list of the most important responsibilities and
functions, which are essential to the position. - Employees must be
able to perform these essential functions satisfactorily with or
without a reasonable accommodation. - Accommodations will be
evaluated and provided to eligible employees on a case by case
basis, depending on the employee's medical restrictions, work
availability, the nature of the position, the position's essential
functions and other relevant factors.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent, based on
education and work experience.
- Preferred Welder Certification
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be able to accurately read and use gauges, tape measures,
and read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to read and understand Process sheets.
- Basic shop math (fractions, measurements).
- Knowledge of welding practices.
- Knowledge of the setting up and operations of weld machines,
oxygen and acetylene torch, plasma machines and robotic
- Knowledge of weld defect identification and repair.
- Successfully pass written and hands on weld tests.
- Successfully pass pulmonary function tests.
- Core Competencies:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Rockford , Hiring Now! 1st Shift Welder, Other , Orangeville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!