Company: Midland States Bank
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At Midland States Bank, we believe that when we can bring our
whole selves to work each day, we become happier, more comfortable,
more confident, and more excited to do great things for our
customers, each other, and our company. We're proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. At Midland, we
recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. If you are looking for a place to grow, we
encourage you to apply at Midland States Bank, because you belong
Provides customer service, processing both business and individual
banking transactions; manages a cash drawer, cross-sells bank
services. Responsible for comprehensive, prompt and efficient
customer transactions. Trial balances cash drawer throughout the
day. Balances and rolls the drawer for the day at close of shift,
comparing the balance to the system balance. Reports any
discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Institutional knowledge of banking.
- Receive cash and checks for deposit, verifying amounts, looking
at endorsements and reviewing checks for possible fraud including
- Examines cash carefully to guard against counterfeit
- Cashes checks for customers in accordance with bank policy.
Enters transactions into computer system and issues receipts.
- Assists customers with transactions and ATM operations.
- Provides accurate customer service to include balancing cash
drawer throughout the day to reduce and eliminate teller
- Understanding basic knowledge of deposit and lending products &
- Able to identify correct product types through needs-based
questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of bank products and
services through referring products and services to corresponding
business partners, assist customers on electronic services and
entering opportunities into the customer information software.
- Serves as relief and /or backup teller in other locations of
Midland States Bank.
- Timely completion of all assigned learning activities.
- Actively participate in weekly huddles and one on one coaching
- Demonstrates and models Midland States Bank core values that
support the bank's culture.
- Participate in bank sponsored community activities.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations including,
but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Accepts other duties as assigned. Position Qualifications
- Minimum Requirement: High School Diploma. Ability to:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and transport coin and currency bags as
required (bags may weigh between 25lbs and 50lbs) Other Desired
- Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply Competencies:
- Business insight
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives results
- Makes sound decisions
- Being a brand champion
- Communicates effectively
- Customer focus
- Being Authentic
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self development
- Being flexible and adaptable If you require reasonable
accommodation in completing this application, interviewing,
completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating
in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to
Midland States Bank Human Resources at HR@midlandsb.com. THIS JOB
DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Keywords: Midland States Bank, Rockford , Teller, Other , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!