Label Line Equipment Operator
Company: Del Monte Foods
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Position Function and Scope:
The responsibility of this position is to safely operate the
palletizer, label, depalletizer and casing machines while ensuring
accuracy of all reports and paperwork related to the job
* Palletizer Machine: Operator is responsible for performing
changeover duties for palletizer machine including but not limited
to safely entering machine to clear cans and other foreign material
as well as cleaning surrounding area to ensure a safe work
* Monitor palletizer to ensure all product exiting has the correct
labels. Adjust or report any mechanical problems to maintenance and
* Turn in all daily reports to the stock controller at the end of
* Record, change and ensure that the correct pallet tag information
is input into the Brye Tag System in order to print the correct
* Label Machine: Operator is responsible for performing changeover
duties for labeling machine including but not limited to utilizing
lock out tag out procedures, safely entering machine to clear cans,
labels, or glue, Operator is expected to maintain customary good
housekeeping and safety practices in the performance of work
* Check labels on cans periodically.
* Ensure labels match the product currently running.
* Ensure/verify pallet tags with can codes
* Pull damaged labels and cans off the line.
* Add hot melt glue to machine when needed.
* Document product start times and tag information on indirect
* Ensure that the Tensor ID Vision System is turned on and
* All tags must be turned in with indirect sheet when changing
products or end of day.
* Properly scan each pallet tag to production in Red Prairie
* Validate all documentation associated with the position and turn
* Depalletizer Machine: Operator is responsible for performing
changeover duties for depalletizer machine including but not
limited to utilizing lock out tag out procedures, safely entering
machine to clear cans and other foreign material as well as
cleaning surrounding area to ensure a safe work environment.
* On Line 1, collect dented cans for sundry per protocol and throw
away all others.
* Remove all swells, buckles, rust, and dented cans from pallet and
dispose of correctly.
* Record all cans taken from the pallet on indirect labeling
* Casing Machine: Operator is responsible for performing changeover
duties for caser machine including but not limited to utilizing
lock out tag out procedures, safely entering machine to change and
adjust machine parts, replenish glue pots, cleaning surrounding
area to ensure a safe work environment.
* Replenish by keeping casing machine's carton in feed conveyor
filled with cartons.
* Operator must ensure that the cartons are correctly oriented in
* Keep open communication with stock controllers and supervisors to
ensure the accuracy of documentation.
* Notify correct parties when changes occur.
* Accurately record and change the day code and Best By information
for the case printer on each line.
* Safety, Housekeeping, Security: Maintain a clean, neat and
orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the
warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
Comply with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
* Education (Preferred Level): High School Diploma or GED.
* Experience: Any equivalent combination of experience and
education will be considered.
* Special Requirements: Must have basic proficiency in reading,
writing, math, and computer skills. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in a quick paced environment, while working
well with others and promoting a positive attitude.
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision,
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO
BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be
advised that your application is not complete until you fill out,
sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific
position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting.
Your application must reflect that you possess the required
qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
420 Jack Dame Drive, Rochelle, Illinois 61068-1002
Keywords: Del Monte Foods, Rockford , Label Line Equipment Operator, Other , Rochelle, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!