Trialing Research Associate 3
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and
dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000
employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of
humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer
resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace
environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most
collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees
reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we
operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your
position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world
and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet
the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of
our planet. We are currently seeking a Trialing Research Associate
3 for the Soybean Trialing Operations Team in Malta, IL. This
position will initially be remote with some on-site requirements at
our Clinton, IL facility. Syngenta is currently in the ground
breaking stage for our New Research facility in Malta, IL. Once
that facility is complete, this position will be 100% on-site in
You will help meet the world's most pressing needs by:
- Delivering the highest quality field trial data through timely
and accurate note collection and sound trial execution.
- Assist with local trialing efforts to create superior
- Surpass the Trialing Manager's targeted goals by continuously
innovating and driving optimal field trial management.
- Oversee operational teams that include third-party contract
labor and Syngenta full-time staff with planting, phenotyping,
- Lead projects with impact on and across station/sites and
provide formal and/or informal guidance, training, and support to
other team members.
- Solve complex and varied problems with a limited degree of
- Function as an integral member of a team responsible for the
full range of seasonal activities related to conducting yield
trials including but not limited to planning, actively
communicating, packaging, planting, note taking and harvest.
- Extensive knowledge on yield trialing processes/protocols with
the ability to train if needed
- Provide input to development of new process protocols /
- Apply a broad perspective to problems and identify issues and
patterns from partial conflicting data or information.
- History of implementation of continuous improvements and new
- Effectively communicate regularly with juniors, peers, and
supervisors regarding the status of projects and work
- Receive and pass complex information on to required parties
while making calculations and straightforward analysis as
- Complete work with a limited degree of supervision and/or work
- Bachelor's Degree in an agriculture-related discipline
- Experienced working in the seed technology industry and using
precision agriculture equipment and software systems.
- Proficient at operating precision planting equipment and
commercial or research combines.
- Knowledge of best practices in agronomic management and plant
- Proficiently communicate and work well as part of a diverse
- CDL Class A with Airbrakes or ability and willingness to
- Pesticide Applicators License Holder or ability and willingness
- Must be capable of working in high or low temperature
conditions in a field or greenhouse with the ability to lift up to
- Must be able and willing to work long hours during
time-critical periods of the growing season.
- Must be authorized to work for Syngenta in the United States
without work authorization sponsorship
- 2 or more years of experience in a similar role
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the
same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave,
Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity
and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment
practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status,
disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Keywords: Syngenta, Rockford , Trialing Research Associate 3, Other , Malta, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!