GM Pricing/Common Area Leader
Location: Machesney Park
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Today, with our current team members, we have the strength
to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our
stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our
Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Responsible for overall operations and performance of the Backroom,
Pricing, and Common Area departments. Promotes and adheres to our
CTC strategy through providing support for our team members through
proper scheduling, training, coaching, and building productive
teams. Delivers exceptional customer service by ensuring accurate
retail pricing, inventory BOH, and on shelf availability
expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for all price
changes, promotional signage, and ensuring that all planograms and
displays are set in a timely manner in order to maximize sales and
profitability. Responsible to maintain backroom organization for
all of General Merchandise (excluding Softlines) including Pets and
HBC, and the Common Area backroom.
What You'll Being Doing:
- Expected to spend 100% of time leading and
initiatives and delivering the results through their team members
- Responsible for achieving financial and other key
performance indicators intended to drive inventory integrity,
sales, margin and customer service.
- Establishes and reviews inventory and replenishment
goals with team to drive accountability and attain
- Coordinates, creates, and builds daily work
assignments for team members.
- Ensures key deliverables are achieved to plan both
with their team members and through informal leadership of other
store Team Leaders – BOH integrity, ICAP adjustments, orderly
backroom, sign changes, price changes and planogram
- Manages all central supplies for the store
including budget accountability.
- Responsible for selection/hiring of team members in
- Promotes succession planning in partnership with
the General Merchandise Line Leader by providing mentorship, career
pathing, identifying development needs for team
- Develops and trains staff, ensuring team members
are thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have
completed all required training.
- Provides feedback and oversees performance
management for team members in a manner that promotes strong team
performance and minimizes turnover.
- Schedule and supervise Backroom, Pricing, and
Common Area teams.
- Responsible for supporting achievement of sales,
shrink, margin and labor plans.
- Supervises execution of all store promotions
including In Marketing Services.
- Ensures Floor Inventory Prep (out and around) prior
to any scheduled physical inventory.
- Models fast and friendly customer service to ensure
exceptional service is being delivered.
- Reliable and consistent attendance is
- Other daily tasks as required.
What You Bring with You
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to team members
in the organization in a way that provides clear and precise
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and by
addressing root cause issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and
statistical information and use that information to make informed
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that
practices working safely at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in all
areas of the organization including SDITs, team members in hourly
positions and team leaders.
- Successful completion of all
Keywords: Meijer;Meijer, Rockford , GM Pricing/Common Area Leader, Other , Machesney Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!