Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Manager, Environmental Health & Safety is responsible for
managing the Environmental, Health, and Safety programs related to
OSHA, EPA, and other state/local regulatory agencies for the entire
plant location. Provides managers with plant safety
reports, statistics, and provides leadership and development
regarding environmental health and safety matters.
Maintains site Safety Management System and develops corrective
action plans to prevent reoccurring problems.
- 40% - Establishes and or develops site operation specific
Health and Safety programs as needed and drives implementation.
Partners with other support functions (i.e., Quality, Sanitation,
Maintenance) to ensure objectives that overlap with EHS are
- 15% - Provides guidance and information to Supervision and
Management regarding regulatory compliance and hazard prevention as
it relates to Employee Health and Safety.
- 10% - Performs Operational Hazard assessments including
evaluation of appropriate Engineering controls and or Protective
equipment. Identifies the hazards and incidents of non-compliance
and recommends corrective action.
- 10% - Trains personnel including all mandatory OSHA compliance
training, 1st Aid Responders, as well as necessary Operational
Hazard specific training.
- 10% - Leads injury management and response by supporting all
Workers’ Compensation claims management. Conducts claims
investigations and evaluates claims to identify significant
hazards, loss trends; identifies and recommends preventative
measures and corrective actions.
- 10% - Champions efforts to foster a safety culture and employee
engagement consistent with Campbell’s Corporate Safety
Strategy. Facilitates site safety committees/teams.
- 5% - Manages site environmental programs/permit
compliance. Responsible for permit-required inspections,
sampling and regulatory reporting.
Job Complexity / Scope
- This position manages EHS programs for the Beloit manufacturing
facility (a 24/7 operation with approximately 300 employees).
- Work is performed independently with minimal supervision;
maintains budgetary responsibility for the Plant Risk & Safety
Budget in order to deliver plan.
- Minimum education required, with specialization as appropriate:
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or related field
- Years of relevant experience: 5 years
- Certifications / Licenses / Registrations: ASP or CSP preferred
but not required
- Other: manufacturing experience preferred
- Exposed to heat/cold conditions consistent with snack food
manufacturing conditions as well as an office
- Exposed to various sound levels up to 90db in the manufacturing
environment and usually quiet in the office environment.
- Exposed to dust and oil consistent with a snack food
- Primarily day shift but occasionally requires training/meeting
time on off shifts.
- Emergency availability 24/7.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Rockford , Manager, Environmental Health & Safety, Other , Beloit, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!