Packer 2nd Shift, Starting Pay $15.25/hr
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Packer is responsible for a variety of packaging and
warehousing duties. Primary purpose will include packaging
all bag sizes correctly into the finished cases at standard
packaging speeds and stacking cases of finished product on pallets
for delivery to warehouse.
Essential Job Duties:
- Packages all sizes, at each standard speed rate for each size
to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Assures Kettle Foods package code and quality requirements are
- Stacks cases of finished product on pallets and transports
empty and finished pallets.
- Supplies empty cases and trays to packers.
- Completes pallet record sheets and code verification sheets
- Performs line changeovers and cleanup duties.
- Performs pack-off duties.
- Performs code changeovers and verifies proper code usage.
- Communicates frequently with lead, supervisor or manager; other
material handlers, machine operators and warehouse
- Communicates equipment failures and process improvement.
- Occasionally performs other duties at the finished and raw chip
inspection conveyor removing off-grade product.
- Assists with line cleans, work area clean ups and pack tables
during down time.
- Consistently adheres to good manufacturing practices, standard
operating procedures, and safety regulations.
- May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledgeable of coding and case taper
- Knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard
Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations.
- Knowledgeable of package coding requirements and quality
- Ability to perform tasks independently and as part of a team to
accomplish production goals.
- Efficient stacking of boxes and use of pallet jacks.
- Accurate completion of cleanups and changeovers.
- Accurate completion of paperwork.
- Effective math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all
levels within the company.
- Ability to lift and stack cases, trays, and pallets on a
- Ability to operate a pallet jack.
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a production environment
with safety hazards.
- Ability to work in an environment with spices in the air.
- Ability to construct cases and fill cases with required number
- Ability to tolerate fluctuating temperatures in a loud noise
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma, or equivalent preferred.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Rockford , Packer 2nd Shift, Starting Pay $15.25/hr, Other , Beloit, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!