MA or LPN- Cardiology
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: October 11, 2021
We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this
This position may require floating to other
departments in the clinic. The hours are typically 7:45 a.m.-5:00
This position requires successful completion of an
accredited Medical Assistant or LPN program, and we welcome
applications from new graduates. MA certification or registration
is required for Medical Assistants within 90 days or hire
Provides assistance with the examination and treatment of patients
under the direction of a registered nurse or provider (physician or
advanced practice provider).
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by
provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records
information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for
examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone,
maintaining records, scheduling patients, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include
ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean
and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all
proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions
and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes
patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests and
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of an accredited
school of medical assisting
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Rockford , MA or LPN- Cardiology, Other , Monroe, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!