Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: Treehouse Foods
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Job Posting Title:
Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Bay Valley Foods of Pecatonica, IL has an outstanding opportunity
for a 2nd Shift (4pm-12am) Maintenance Technician. Starting pay is
$27.83/hour with a great benefits package including pension.
- Work in partnership with the Maintenance Manager to perform
basic maintenance and repairs on conveyors, packaging equipment,
production equipment, electrical controls systems and other related
- Provide routine inspections and monitoring of all production
equipment and dryer systems.
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and facilities as needed
to determine the root cause of problem and perform proper
- Complete all work safely and follows all company policies and
procedures regarding safety completion of work
- Complete building and facility maintenance as needed
- Support and follow standards for food safety and food quality
production reflected in SQF as well as the regulations of major
vendors and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA
- Record and document according to procedures, assuring that all
equipment documentation is up to date and accurate
- Perform data entry into Computer Maintenance Management
- Prepare scheduled and unscheduled work orders to support
- Work in SAP to maintain daily work lists
- Remain current in training expectations
- Perform mechanic skills including (but not limited to)
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic troubleshooting,
repair of packing and production machines.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
adjustments if needed.
- Use a variety of hand held power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performance of duties. Install new
electrical and electronic equipment (electrical wiring according to
the National Electrical Code)
- Follow plant-wide forklift safety guidelines, including traffic
signs, speed limits, and operational guidelines.
- Follow appropriate lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Report any potentially unsafe practices/conditions to the Lead
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have the ability to acquire the knowledge and skills to
perform the required job duties in an efficient manner.
- Must have the ability to operate or learn to operate automated
machinery relevant to the job.
- Must have the ability to operate or learn to operate a computer
and software relevant to the job.
- Must have the ability to write legibly and read/comprehend
sufficiently to complete necessary paperwork.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively with
others in order
to perform the duties required of the job.
- Must have the physical strength and stamina, including climbing
stairs, to effectively perform all assigned duties for the duration
of a complete 8-12-hour shift.
- Must be dependable and have the ability to perform duties and
multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Must have High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to identify Critical Control Points (CCPs) in area
of responsibility and maintain all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Must be able to perform all duties in a safe and efficient
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Constant standing and walking. Lifting of
boxes and product weighing up to 50 lbs. Fast paced environment.
Continuous bending, lifting and stooping. Some overhead stacking of
boxes is required.
ENVIRONMENT: Moderate heat in summer and cool in winter. Low
to moderate creamer dust. Continuous noise level over 85 decibels,
requiring ear protection. Safety glasses required.
TreeHouse Use Only: #IND1
Keywords: Treehouse Foods, Rockford , Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, Other , Pecatonica, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!