Maintenance Technician, 3rd Shift- Starting Pay $30.25
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for
maintaining equipment and facilities to operate in the safest and
most productive condition, supporting continuous improvement,
production strategies and plant reliability of equipment and
- Understands and adheres to governmental regulatory programs and
policies. These may include but are not limited to: National
Electrical Code, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Uniform
Building Code (UBC) and local government environmental agency
- Practices and complies with all plant and maintenance
department safety procedures, including but not limited to:
Lock-Out - Tag-Out; Arc Flash and Hot Work Permits.
- Understands the concept of Permit Required Confined Spaces and
assists with proper alternate entry of re-classified confined
spaces when necessary.
- Follows all applicable good manufacturing practices (GMP's) for
- Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective equipment
(PPE) in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), food handling before and after equipment
inspection and repair activities.
- Attends classes, seminars, and in-house training as needed to
maintain skill level with changes in the industry.
- Makes improvements and suggestions to optimize maintenance
- Executes and document planned and unplanned work findings and
data during shift via computerized maintenance management system
- Repairs and installation of parts, tools and equipment.
Fabricates or modifies machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture
new products or improve existing products.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM), inspections, corrective
repairs, special projects/equipment rebuilds
- Performs execution and resolution of equipment
- Leverages methodologies including, but not limited to: root
cause analysis (RCA), break down failure analysis (BDA) and cause
maps to identify and resolve equipment issues.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to identify
failures and takes correct follow-up actions. Predictive
maintenance technologies include ultrasound, thermal imaging, oil
analysis, and vibration analysis.
- Documents the cause of the failure and works with maintenance
team, planner, supervisor, or other team members to take action to
prevent a reoccurrence of the failure.
- Understands and interprets technical documents and diagrams
which include but are not limited to: factory manuals, blueprints,
schematics, Single Line Electrical Drawings, mechanical and
electrical equipment schematics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and
Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and etc.
- Maintains and repairs facility/utility systems such as
mechanical, electrical, building systems, water heater/boiler,
steam, chilling system, electric power, gas, or compressed air
required for operations.
- Executes PMs and repairs to Heating, Ventilation and Air
Conditioning (HVAC) systems, refrigeration, instrumentation,
elevator maintenance, painting, plumbing, carpentry, grounds
keeping and mechanical repairs - pumps, motors systems.
- May be required to perform tests, repair and replacement of
fire alarm, fire sprinkler, smoke detector, emergency and exit sign
lighting system and report any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Repairs, replaces and/or rebuilds plumbing fixtures and
- Cleans and replaces traps, drains, vents and drain lines,
faucets, and toilets, basic wall board repairs, including wall
- Handles plant waste, both hazardous and non-hazardous, in a
manner which will ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and
- May perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED; a minimum of 2 years of experience
in a manufacturing facility performing mechanical and electrical
inspections, troubleshooting and repairs; pass plant specific
maintenance test required.
- Preferred Qualifications: Some college or formal technical
school education with demonstrated aptitude and skills in
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, carpentry, plumbing, and welding
techniques. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in
standardized situations, along with two years in food manufacturing
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Continuously
- Driving: Seldomly
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Frequently
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Frequently
- Tasting, Smelling: Seldom
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 50 lbs.: Frequently
- More than 50 lbs. with assistance: Occasionally
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The
employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes
or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside
weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Fair
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Good
- Noise: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Rockford , Maintenance Technician, 3rd Shift- Starting Pay $30.25, Other , Beloit, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!