Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the
• Provide input to staff evaluations as requested by Area
• Responsible for auditing program maintenance locations for
aviation parts and supplies, tool calibrations, safety concerns and
all other base needs to ensure prompt repairs for operational
• Receives feedback related to flight issues/concerns, to include
RSQ911 feedback; assists in resolution of issue and/or refers
matter to appropriate person for resolution.
• Attends hospital/program meetings or training.
• Collaborates with other discipline leads regarding maintenance
and operation of the program.
• Assists Area Manager with employee scheduling
• Function as a resource for dissemination of new information and
• Ensures all maintenance publications and company manuals are
current and available to maintenance personnel.
• Ensures all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in
compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and company
• Sends a copy of the Mechanical Interruption Summary or Service
Difficulty Report to Program Maintenance Manager or if applicable
the Regional Maintenance Director for review.
• Responsible for correcting compliance or safety issues when
directed by the Director of Operations, Director of Maintenance,
Chief Pilot, Regional Maintenance Director, Director of Safety, or
Program Maintenance Manager or Area Manager.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of Air Methods General
Maintenance Manual, field Mechanics Procedures manual, Air Methods’
policies and procedures as well as meeting operational goals and
• Responsible for validating or confirming the data in the Status
Report concerning the aircraft being worked on including:
o Ensure discrepancies discovered by
the aircraft Records department are appropriately addressed
o Verify all changes are made by the Inspections and Records
Department upon receipt of an updated Status Report.
o Verify accuracy of the Status Report regarding compliance of FAA
required inspections, Ads, and service bulletins/service letters
issued by Air Methods’ Certificate Management Team or
o Verify accuracy of the Status Report regarding required
inspections and servicing intervals and currency.
o Verify accuracy of the Status Report to the actual configuration
of the aircraft regarding Part Number (P/N), Serial Number (S/N),
and Total Time/Time Since Overhaul (TT/TSO) of the time-tracked
assemblies and components
• Schedule aircraft maintenance and provide Area Manager and
RMM/RMD with current aircraft status and forecast down time to
facilitate maintenance scheduling.
• Participate in maintenance forecasting calls with the assigned
corporate planners, monitor “HY” packages as they are assigned and
provide scheduling input for all components and rotatable
• Troubleshoot and provide assistance in problem solving to
• Other Duties as assigned
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 20%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular
attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees
must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods
will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue
burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of
Education & Experience
• Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent from two-year
college or technical school; and five years’ related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
• Manufacturers training on company specific aircraft preferred
• Electrical troubleshooting and refined vibration-balancing
• Sheet metal and composite repair procedures
• Ability to read and understand various documents such as 337’s,
Service Bulletins, AD’s, etc.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly changing
• Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to
prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and 24/7
on-call rotation when needed
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook
• RAMCO experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• FAA A&P License in good standing (Required)
• Inspection Authorization (IA) Preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the
DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR