Chip Cook 1st shift (6:45am - 3:00pm), Starting Pay $19.20/hr
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
- The Salty Processing Operator, under general supervision, is
responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
- Operates the processing/ equipment to produce product
within guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to the
highest possible standard of quality.
- Properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct
temperature/moisture and makes adjustments accordingly; monitors
product and removes any product that is improperly formed or
- Operates and shuts down equipment in the processing/ area
in accordance with established procedures to include change overs
and preventative maintenance.
- Communicates and/or escalates quality issues to
appropriate team members.
- Reads and understands batch sheets including following
recipes and accurate weighing of raw materials.
- Monitors and logs current temperatures, mix times item
numbers and raw material weights (piece weights of extruded
product) and make adjustments accordingly.
- Monitors for possible foreign matter.
- Follows sanitation procedures for clean ups and change
overs, including chemical handling.
- Tracks and disposes of waste accordingly.
- Moves raw ingredients using material handling equipment
including but not limited to forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Maintains proper raw material levels at all times, unload
raw materials trailer, and keeps appropriate personnel updated in
raw material needs.
- Maintains inventory usage and proper disposal of cutter
blades. Responsible for securing blades at all times and
keeping Urschel Heads running efficiently.
- Tests and receives new oil; treat, filter and test used
oil. Maintains the proper level of oil in processing
- Maintains thorough understanding of heat exchanger
- If applicable, monitors correct seasoning coverage
amount, makes adjustments accordingly.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and personal
protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated
areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows
instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes,
and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment;
reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Frequently/Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Seldom/Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally/Frequently
- Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Frequently
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never/Occasionally (with
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Occasionally
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions,
dust, noise, heat/cold.
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Fair
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: Fair
- Dust: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Rockford , Chip Cook 1st shift (6:45am - 3:00pm), Starting Pay $19.20/hr, Other , Beloit, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!