Lab Support Technician II- Hospital
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: July 22, 2021
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m. - 6
a.m., every third Saturday, and 2-3 evening shift holidays
per year (typically 12:30-9 pm).
Under general supervision, this position performs standard
laboratory tasks according to procedures. May perform phlebotomy
and/or waived testing. May also perform various low complexity
testing as well as a variety of general clerical duties to support
the laboratory department, including receptionist and secretarial
support, admission activities, and order entry processing.
- Performs the loading and unloading of lab
specimens from automated and non-automated instrumentation, as well
as perform various waived testing.
- Assists in problem
- May orient new
- Assists customers including answering phones
and responding to customer inquiries.
- Collects, labels, processes and preserves
blood, urine and other specimens according to established
- Enters, accesses and executes lab orders in
the appropriate laboratory and electronic medical record
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and
- May update statistical records, labels tubes,
and schedules processing runs.
- May perform phlebotomy and/or waived
- Identifies patients using two
- Performs a variety of administrative and
clerical duties including admission activities, insurance
verification, order entry processing and medical record
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as
- High School diploma or equivalent or equivalent years of
experience and education
- One year experience in a laboratory
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Rockford , Lab Support Technician II- Hospital, Other , Monroe, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!