Job ID 01443342 Most Recent Date Posted 04/29/2021 City Rockford
State Illinois Country United States
United States of America
A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL,
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work
as part of the Contracts team within the Office of the General
Counsel (OGC) supporting the Actuation Systems business within
Collins Aerospace. The successful candidate will support the value
streams primarily in the Rockford site in both the pursuit of new
contracts and the management of existing contracts with an
international portfolio of major military and civil customers. This
support will involve contract negotiations, managing and
interpreting existing customer contracts, researching and providing
guidance on legal queries, creating customer contracts and other
related documents to provide strategic advantage while meeting
contractual obligations. They will work closely with the Program
Management team, Value stream leadership, the OGC and other
business functions provide competitive advantage whilst meeting
contractual obligations and ensuring compliance to US military
contracting regulations. The role will span the product life cycle
including technology agreements, export control agreements, bid
support, product development, manufacture and support
The Contracts Manager provides contract advice and services on
issues concerning the rights, obligations and privileges of the
organization. They represent the organization to customers,
suppliers, competitors and government agencies. In addition, they
provide resolution of business or contract issues by identifying
solutions and recommending a course of action. They cooperate with
the Office of the General Counsel in preparation and examination of
documentation and data in support of OGC projects.
The Contracts Manager will advise and represent the organization
on issues concerning contract matters. They will also create
proposal documents, negotiate, and executes contracts. Provides
advice on warranty and contract interpretation and administration.
Prepares documentation for legal and contract negotiations and
relationships. Maintains historical contract records.
The Contracts Manager is an experienced contracts professional
with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in
contracts interpretation and negotiation. They oversee multiple
contract negotiations for the organization and guide less
experienced professionals on protecting business interests. Ensures
implementation of significant improvements to processes to enhance
department performance and effectiveness.
- Drafts, generates, interprets and manages the largest, most
sensitive, and complex contract documents, in accordance with
internal and external
- customer schedules and requests, to ensure these documents
properly reflect business objectives.
- Independently supports the Contract Lead in coordinating input
from other organizations during the sales campaign process.
- Directs analysis and prepares reports to ensure that contracts
are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government
cost control guidelines.
- Coaches and guides junior professionals and reviews their work
to ensure output is of quality and in accordance with business
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract
flow-down, and customer contact activities to ensure contract
acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies,
legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Manages small- to medium-sized projects.
- Providing Contract leadership and support to multi-functional
- Contract risk and opportunity management
- Participation in senior management business reviews
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in US military contracting and ensuring compliance
to the regulations.
- Encourages communication between team members and build trust
within the team through interpersonal communication
- Maintain and grow positive relationships through effective
communications in challenging situations, adapting to audience as
necessary for communication clarity.
- Use effective communications to persuade and convince
stakeholders to reach consensus in challenging situations.
- Enable and empower team members to be successful, by
supporting, facilitating, promoting, giving ownership and
supporting them in their endeavors.
- Balance consistencies with flexibility depending on business
needs and situation.
- Coach the Contracts Officers and Specialists
- Support others to achieve continuous learning and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
as are good preparation and planning skills.
- Enjoy working with customers and colleagues to reach agreement
in a demanding environment.
- An attention to detail and methodical approach, together with
good problem solving and negotiation ability.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader
in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the
global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the
capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve
customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly
evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our
Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their
destinations safely - every day! From landing systems and actuation
to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products
we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the
overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior
products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to
continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions
lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that
plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in
the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly
and land with us!
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our
military every second. Our major product lines are on-board
virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with
our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive
in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and
quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a
best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people
in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their
integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We
believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver
the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We
are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share
their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges
in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto,
additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness
insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong
ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require
a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless
possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with
each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace,
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms