All Day Kindergarten (ADK) Paraprofessional - 6.5 hours per day
Company: Rockford Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Working under supervision of the classroom teacher, carries out
the educational programs developed by the teacher. Assists with all
students as requested by the teacher and/or building
Position: All Day Kindergarten (ADK) Para 6.5 HR (2
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I Classroom Management and Instruction
- Assist the teacher in the classroom with specific instruction
to meet the needs of all students.
- Providing attention, direction and assistance to students when
- Communicating regularly with the teacher regarding daily plans
and any observations.
- Tutoring individuals.
- Working in small groups with students.
- Implementing teacher-planned activities for individuals and
small groups of students.
- Prepare materials for class activities.
- Encouraging appropriate behavior.
- Assisting in the implementation of the students' behavior
- Observing, recording and charting academic and behavioral
- Accompanying and/or assisting mainstreamed students in regular
- Serving as resource person for the substitute upon teacher
- Working with general education students and special education
students in the building when requested. (However, arbitrary
movement of personnel outside their assignments should be
- Be responsible for any other duties assigned by Principal or
- Assist with students outside the classroom, such as:
- Supervising your students first at free time, in corridors,
lavatories, lunchroom, playground, etc. and then the general
- Supervise children for their health and safety, including
toileting and diapering.
- Helping with field trips, school parties and club
- Escorting students to various locations in building.
- Meeting, loading and unloading buses.
- Helping evacuate students during fire drills.
- Assist in classrooms housekeeping, such as:
- Collecting money and keeping records.
- Setting up room for conferences.
- Passing out paper and supplies.
- Assisting in set up, operation and maintenance of
- Caring for lights, window shades and room temperature.
- Assist teacher in the setup and maintenance of the classroom
including the cleaning of materials to maintain a hygienic
- Assist with clerical duties, such as:
- Preparing data for reporting to parents.
- Copying information on school records.
- Correcting students' work which will be evaluated by a
- Keeping files of students' work.
- Preparing classroom material as chosen and designed by teachers
(dittos, flash cards, etc.).
- Making charts, bulletin boards and other visual materials
planned by the teacher.
- Preparing student lists.
- Assist with physical needs of students, such as:
- Toileting and diapering students.
- Helping student undress for swimming, participating in the pool
and helping him/her get dressed afterward.
- Assisting with lifting and positioning of students.
- Feeding students at lunch time, carrying out prescriptive
feeding programs which have been outlined by the occupational
therapist for specific students after appropriate training and
periodic monitoring has been implemented.
- Participates in signing programs and other specialized
programming when those methods are required to be utilized with
- Communication systems. i.e.; signing, PEC's
- Sensory motor
- Work related activities
- Participate in department, district and state in-service
training programs as they complement to the curriculum or other
- All actions must be in concert with the mission statement,
beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the strategic plan of
the Rockford Board of Education.
Some specialized training may be required to meet the needs of
the students. Should additional training he required to assist
students, it will be at no cost to the employee.
II Assumes any other job related duties, which may from time to
time be delegated by building administration. Furthermore, the
superior shall make any adjustment in the scope of responsibilities
as outline above which will be in the best interest of the school
Minimum High School Diploma
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Must possess good oral, written and communication skills.
This description is written primarily for position evaluation
purposes. It describes duties and responsibilities, which are
representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the
The principal activities are representative and necessarily
Keywords: Rockford Public Schools, Rockford , All Day Kindergarten (ADK) Paraprofessional - 6.5 hours per day, Other , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!