Company: Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC
Posted on: April 8, 2021
OverviewRES is the nation's largest and most experienced
provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To
date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres,
and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of
special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting
over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of
polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the
environmental permitting process with solutions that balance
economic development and ecological sustainability through the
establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee
responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility
projects.The Horticultural Assistant will assist in a variety of
horticultural activities at the direction of a supervisor or team
leader. Carrying out all tasks involved with containerized native
plant and seed propagation, production, growing and inventory
control from start to finish.Responsibilities
- Assist with propagation and transplanting activities in the
- Assist with cultivation activities of outdoor seed production
- Perform care and maintenance of containerized plants and seed
- Conduct or assist with harvest of seed and plant
- Perform seed processing.
- Assist with both chemical and manual weed control procedures in
seed production fields, containerized plants, and
- Assist with inventory counts and records maintenance.
- Assist with relocation of stock, and seed and plant order
- Perform general housekeeping tasks.
- High School degree or equivalent
- 1 or more years working in naturtal resources field
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable
words and to recognize similarities and differences between words
and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences in
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- A Valid Driver's License, may be required
- Ability to obtain a Fed Med Card, may be required.
- Forklift License, may be required (would be trained here by our
Physical Requirements: The working conditions and physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Willing and
able to perform and comply with the following items:
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle
or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or
airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving
- The employee is expected to be able to conduct field work that
may require walking up or down steep grades or on uneven ground,
operating in inclement, not dangerous, weather conditions, exposure
to direct sun and other weather, and may be in areas occupied by
wild or domestic animals. Exposure to thorny or poisonous plant
materials is not uncommon in the field. The employee may be
requested to wade or participate in work conducted on open
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC, Rockford , Horticultural Assistant, Other , Brodhead, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!