Posted on: February 23, 2021
Description:Our client has been in business for almost 100
years' and is known throughout the world for the products they
provide. They enjoy a well-earned reputation for quality
engineering, exceptional service, and being a great company to work
for. They're a brand that is trusted and respected world wide. With
a commitment to building strong and lasting relationships, they can
help fuel your success and growth. We have availability for a 1st
shift and a 2nd shift TIG Welder and if interested and qualified,
we encourage you to apply. Responsibilities:
- Sets-up and operates TIG welder.
- Reads production orders and blueprints to determine required
set-up including fixture needed, electrodes required, joining time
and type of metal being welded.
- Retrieves parts and secures parts in fixtures with clamps.
- Welds front and back of grills, switch arms, beaters, hoods,
helix blades, and gear mounts under close tolerances using various
metals such as coal rolled steel, aluminum, ampco steel, and
- Operates wire feed welding machine to weld bull nose and back
plates on grills, nose cone, ring, and gear nut on shells and butt
welds seams of shells.
- Threads specified electrode wire through feed rolls in the
welding head, sets the welding head at specified angle, and sets
current and voltage on the wire feed machine.
- Cleans workpiece using grinder and chisels and visually
examines welds for conformance to specifications.
- Pressure tests welds at 300 pounds per square inch.
- Grinds and rewelds deficient welds and scraper blades.Skills:
- TIG Welding.
- Blueprint reading.
- Quality inspections.
- Assembly of products.Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to follow instruction. About Aerotek:We know that a
company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Rockford , TIG Welder, Other , Rockton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!