Inspire a vision of excellence Ensure a great patient
BE THE CONNECTION. In your role as director of therapy
operations, you’ll have an extraordinary opportunity to be the
connection between confident leadership and patient outcomes that
set the standard. Maximize your impressive healthcare background,
strong management abilities and relationship-building capacity to
guide a passionate, talented team that delivers the exceptional
care essential to a lasting recovery. Make a more meaningful
professional impact with national post-acute care leader Encompass
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something
special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on
patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting,
Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk
alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal
cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple
trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients
achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant
relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience
along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more
than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the
values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep
learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better
way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly
different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging,
inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that
is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with
this engaging opportunity:
DIRECTOR OF THERAPY OPERATIONS Van Matre Encompass Health
Rehabilitation Hospital LOCATION: 950 South Mulford
Road, Rockford, IL 61108
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your
knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis.
Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Organize, develop, direct and supervise all aspects of therapy
operations, including inpatient and outpatient therapy as well as
• Take responsibility for the operation of the department and be
the motivational leader for staff to continually improve
• Develop special clinical programs to provide the highest
quality of care possible.
• Ensure that staffing and scheduling provide adequate coverage
for patient treatments.
• Represent Therapy Operations in hospital meetings and
participate as a key member of hospital leadership.
• Prepare and monitor financial and budgeting concerns for all
• Provide clinical direction for evaluation, assessment, care
planning and treatment of a wide variety of clinical diagnoses.
• Promote and maintain an inclusive, diverse work environment
Credentials: • Current state licensure in physical
therapy, occupational therapy or speech-language pathology
• CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by
• Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree or higher from an
accredited therapy program essential.
• Additional training with a master’s or doctor’s degree in
either a professional or management area preferred.
• Five or more years of rehabilitation experience, including two
or more years in management required.
• Effective management and communication skills essential.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day
• Benefits that begin when you do. • Affordable medical, dental
and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time
employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts. About
Us: Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass
Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate
rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in
36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we
are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead
with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this
opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at
Connect with us: https://www.facebook.com/EncompassCareers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 950 South Mulford Road, Rockford 61108
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2022657