Associate Software Engineer
Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Associate Software Engineer
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 72902BR Date posted 09/19/2018 City Rockford
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. Thats why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesnt shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, were working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If youre an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then youre a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
Central Operations Test Engineering (COTE) designs, integrates, and deploys test solutions for development, qualification, and production testing of avionic electronic devices. We are a cross-functional team of Project Engineers, Circuit Engineers, Software Engineers, and Test Requirement Engineers. Our team is a shared service supporting the Program and Product teams, as well as Production facilities around the world.
- Develop software used to perform testing of electronic hardware and to support Smart Factory initiatives
- Participate in the requirements and design of test equipment
- Assist in integration and troubleshooting of test solutions
- Develop and maintain product documentation
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team that includes project, circuit, software, requirement, and product engineers
- Education in object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge of software repositories, such as Subversion or GIT
- Capable of independently setting up a hardware environment for software integration
- Education in C#, Java, and/or LABView programming language(s)
- Familiar with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of basic electronic instruments scopes, meters, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL, REST, JSON, XML
- Bachelors degree in in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering will be considered with appropriate software related education and technical experience
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering will be considered with appropriate software related education and technical experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
UTAS4220182United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Rockford , Associate Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!