Maintenance Technician and Machine Programmer
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionFull Job DescriptionSiemens
Automation/Maintenance TechnicianPosition DescriptionThe purpose of
this role is to: The Siemens Automation/ Maintenance Technician
will support all areas of the plant, including performing
preventative maintenance and resolving breakdowns. This person can
perform complex and specialized work on all equipment. Advises and
assists operators and management in methods required for properly
functioning equipment.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical issues,
routine maintenance of all plant equipment, machinery, and
- Maintain, monitor, repair, and program automated equipment to
improve quality and productivity while decreasing manufacturing
- Provide continuous preventative maintenance tasks to ensure a
safe, hazard free working environment.
- Expert knowledge of 3 phase 480V & 240V; single phase 240V &
- Performs root cause analysis on recurring issues for permanent
or lasting solutions to problems.
- Maintains a clean and debris free work area.
- Any other required repair and maintenance tasks necessary to
keep the plant running smoothly.
- Assist management with OSHA compliance and maintaining plant
safety.Quality Related Responsibilities:
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with the requirements of
Menk USA LLC ISO 9001:2015 based quality management system
including adhering to appropriate policies and procedures.Role
- Strong math, computer, and electronic skills
- Ability to read, understand and follow electrical schematics
and mechanical drawings.
- Siemens or Allen-Bradley programming experience is a plus.
- Understands the operation and calibration requirements of all
- Ability to complete comprehensive reports and records of
- At least 2 years of facility and equipment maintenance
experience in a manufacturing field.
- Must be knowledgeable of Siemens PLC hardware and
- Experience repairing automation, welding (MIG & TIG) and
- High voltage electrical testing equipment.
- Experience reading part and machine drawings, schematics,
hydraulic and wiring diagrams.Education and Qualifications:
- Proficient in automation design & troubleshooting PLC
controlled equipment, industrial controls, and programming.
- Strong work ethic. Must be capable of multi-tasking in a
fast-paced environment, strong communication skills, must be able
to read and write in English and be able to stay focused on the
- Advanced mathematical skills.Additional Role Criteria: In
addition to the above, all personnel have minimum competency
criteria within their role as defined by the company's training
matrix and are required to complete appropriate training as
required. These competencies will be assessed through the
performance appraisal system.Pay will be discussed during interview
process.Job Type: Full-timePay: Determined after interview
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to FridayAbility to commute/relocate:
- Sterling, IL 61081: Reliably commute or willing to relocate
with an employer-provided relocation package Experience:
- Siemens or Allen-Bradley Programming: 2 years (Preferred)You
should be proficient in:
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Electrical Schematics
- Industrial Robot Programming
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- PLC Programming Experience
- SCADA ExperienceMachines & technologies you'll use:
- Servo Motors
- Industrial Robot
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Robotic Welder
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) (Allen Bradley,
- HMISalary info:$30 - $40 / hr
Keywords: Menk, Rockford , Maintenance Technician and Machine Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!