Substance Abuse Counselor - $21.11/hr to $24.94/hr
Company: Rosecrance Inc.
Location: Garden Prairie
Posted on: May 22, 2023
This full time position will provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a member of a dedicated, caring team in the delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their families and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
--- Demonstrated education, training or experience in the addictions treatment.
--- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed.
--- Skilled in conducting individual, family and group counseling.
--- Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, parents, staff or community resources.
1. Work hours prescribed by the manager and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated patients.
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for patients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Assume on-call responsibilities per schedule or when designated.
7. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, employees and community groups.
8. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court appearances on behalf of Rosecrance patients.
9. Serve as a member of the Clinical Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
10. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and with the framework of the law.
11. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
12. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
13. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
Work Location: Rosecrance Harrison Campus - Rockford, IL
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Keywords: Rosecrance Inc., Rockford , Substance Abuse Counselor - $21.11/hr to $24.94/hr, Human Resources , Garden Prairie, Illinois
here to apply!