Company: Embassy Suites by Hilton Rockford Riverfront
Posted on: October 11, 2019
OVERALL DESCRIPTION OF JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible
for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine
of the highest quality, presentation and flavor for the dining
rooms, banquets and other food facilities, resulting in outstanding
guest satisfaction. Additionally responsible for the smooth running
of the kitchen and manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control,
hygiene practices and training within the kitchen. RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the Director of Food & Beverage, retains
relationships with peers and all other departments within the
hotel, maintains relationships with current and prospective guests,
and maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, and others
serving the Company or the hotel. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: Please note that the essential job functions
listed here are not all-inclusive, rather they indicate the types
of activities normally performed by this position and, therefore,
may be modified and revised. Other duties may be required and
assigned from time-to-time.
- Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff
to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a
- Teaches preparation according to well defined recipes and
follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine
at the property.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work
environment, counseling employees as appropriate and demonstrating
a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in
employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including
setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead and
influence the kitchen staff.
- Advocates sound financial/business decision making,
demonstrates honesty, integrity and leads by example.
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and
beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and
subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined
goals and objectives.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service,
operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Actively involved in menu development and maintaining updated
and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food
and Beverage operation.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and
in working order in accordance with local Health department and
- Reviews comment cards for guest satisfaction results and other
data to identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and
meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
- Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen
- Ensures all kitchen employees maintain required food handling
and sanitation certifications.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality,
presentation and service levels.
- Maintain quality levels of receiving, storage, production and
presentation of food.
- Ensures sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified
for kitchen and food servers.
- Discuss daily food cost reports with key kitchen and F&B
- Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and
- Identifies the developmental needs of kitchen staff and provide
coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their
knowledge or skills.
- Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking
and excellent plate presentations. Also interview and hire new
applicants for kitchen.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed
according to the companys Employee Handbook. JOB
- Culinary degree or related work experience OR 5 years of
experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related
professional area with 3 years in a management position.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to speak
clearly and listen attentively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle pressure with poise and finesse.
- Positive attitude, outgoing and friendly personality.
- Strong leadership and a professional image. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of
the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, climb,
lift, push, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach,
handle, write and operate kitchen equipment and standard office
equipment and telephone. The employee regularly communicates with
customers and guests. The employee is frequently required to move
about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift
and/or move up to 60+ pounds. The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions. Environmental/atmospheric
conditions commonly associated* with the performance of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will endure
indoor and outside conditions.
Keywords: Embassy Suites by Hilton Rockford Riverfront, Rockford , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!