Posted on: September 11, 2018
Unidine is a culinary services management company driven by a culture of ?Fresh Thinking,? and we take a fresh approach to customized culinary experiences. We create authentic food from scratch using fresh responsibly sourced, seasonal ingredients and culinary creativity. We are guided by environmentally responsive practices; avoid additives, chemicals and preservatives. Experience the difference with Unidine!
Here at Unidine, every member of the team is driven to deliver the highest level of customer and client service and shares a belief that our approach to fresh food is fundamentally linked to health and wellness, human interaction and social responsibility. From this common foundation, we deliver the best food and dining management services in the industry and exceed our customers' and clients' expectations every day.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Produces all required food products for a successful service. Pointed to but not limited to any food items requiring stationary line appliances
- Prepares the food product for home station and pub fare, assists in monitoring the product not to run out and bringing the product to the station
- Ensuring back up food product will be awarded to any station receiving an unusually heavy volume of customers
- Breaks down and cools all food product brought back from the home station and the soups
- Checks all food products for quality and notifies supervisor immediately if there is any question to color, smell, feel, prior or future storage, and shelf life
- Presents all food products that are not fit for fresh sale to Executive chef for alternative use or discard
- Assume the responsibility of maintaining a full menu knowledge including specials and upcoming events
- Insures recopies are followed with accuracy and all steps completed
- Monitor and control security of the operation protecting company assets and foods
- Maintain floors and food production surfaces to be clean and free of debris
- Maintain the cleanliness of the immediate service area by constant upkeep on kitchen area and appliances. (Shelves, counters, floor, and ECT)
- Labels all food products with date, product name, and initials
- (Notify supervisor immediately of any possible shorts on any products)
- Restocks for next shift at the end of shift for a smooth shift opening
- Maintains immediate production area to be clean, sanitary, and free of clutter. (Attention in this area is crucial for wet floors, items in walkways, and timeliness of cleanup)
- Adheres to standards with regard to safety, sanitation, PPE (personal protective equipment
- In peak service times assistance to line servers is required
- Performs job within scheduled time unless approved by supervisor and or Executive Chef
- Is in proper uniform with all required PPE and ready to begin the shift at the scheduled time. (Punching in after ready to begin work)
- Meals/guaranteed breaks are taken so as to not conflict with the needs of the business and are approved by designated shift supervisor only
- Is willing to perform other tasks as assigned due to the changing needs of the business
- Presents him/herself as a positive ambassador for the operation and Unidine as a whole
- Interacts with guests in a cheerful, engaging, and energetic manner with the intent to insure the guest has a pleasurable and complete experience
- Completes tasks in the most efficient way without cutting corners and having the intent of improving quality, presentation, and service of all products
- Is responsive to the needs and suggestions of our guests as well as the growth and change inherent in our business
- Is self-motivated and functions in a manner that minimizes management redirection
- Is depended upon for a consistent and quality job in the absence of the supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Must have 1 year experience in any food preparation environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task
- Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
Unidine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Unidine, Rockford , Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!