Posted on: March 20, 2023
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Position Purpose: Directly supervise adolescent clients in a residential behavioral health program. Act as charge staff on duty during specified shifts. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards. Participate as a team member in the delivery of behavioral health treatment services to clients and their families and to facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
--- Associate's degree and one year of addiction or behavioral healthcare treatment experience
--- Skilled in behavioral management techniques
--- Ability to coordinate and present lectures for clients, parents and community resources
--- Certified Addictions Counselor or able to obtain such certification within two years
--- CPR training or complete within three months
--- Valid Illinois driver's license
1. Work an eight hour shift five days a week and be available to work additional hours when necessary. Overtime may be required.
2. Ensure compliance with treatment schedules on all units.
3. Coordinate treatment activities as scheduled between units.
4. Float between groups and provide guidance and support to scheduled staff.
5. Assist scheduled staff with any behavioral occurrences.
6. Act as point person for communication with on-call counselor.
7. Act as a liaison to Unit Coordinators on client and staffing issues.
8. Provide staff mentoring and feedback.
9. Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide appropriate behavioral interventions and consequences.
10. Implement therapeutic activities.
11. Facilitate didactic and peer group counseling.
12. Utilize the 12 core functions of counseling with assigned groups and clients.
13. Coordinate and supervise client recreational activities.
14. Monitor assigned clients by consulting with the addiction counselors in developing and implementing the individual treatment plan and scheduling individual sessions to assist the clients with AA step work and treatment plan objectives.
15. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
16. Develop and present all client lectures listed on the client lecture schedule.
17. Observe, monitor and record group dynamics.
18. Facilitate focal group discussion sessions.
19. Consult with the members of the treatment team and plan daily therapeutic direction for designated shift.
20. Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of previous shifts, counselors, teachers, etc.
21. Oversee the neatness of the unit and the proper use of the equipment and supplies and inform the proper person when supplies or repairs are indicated.
22. Serve as a member of the Unit Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
23. Understand and comply with all of the principles established by the Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of conduct.
24. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
25. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance.
26. Assume other related responsibilities as assigned by management.
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Keywords: Rosecrance, Rockford , Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Rockford, Illinois
here to apply!