Shift Supervisor - Located in Rockford, IL
Company: Rosecrance Inc.
Location: Stillman Valley
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally
recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health
disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With
nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our
physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary,
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare
leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and
provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery.
Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Position Purpose: Directly supervise adolescent clients in a
residential behavioral health program. Act as charge staff on duty
during specified shifts. Provide continuity of program services in
an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic
environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and
accreditation standards. Participate as a team member in the
delivery of behavioral health treatment services to clients and
their families and to facilitate the issues of recovery into their
daily living situations.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
--- Associate's degree and one year of addiction or behavioral
healthcare treatment experience
--- Skilled in behavioral management techniques
--- Ability to coordinate and present lectures for clients, parents
and community resources
--- Certified Addictions Counselor or able to obtain such
certification within two years
--- CPR training or complete within three months
--- Valid Illinois driver's license
1. Work an eight hour shift five days a week and be available to
work additional hours when necessary. Overtime may be required.
2. Ensure compliance with treatment schedules on all units.
3. Coordinate treatment activities as scheduled between units.
4. Float between groups and provide guidance and support to
5. Assist scheduled staff with any behavioral occurrences.
6. Act as point person for communication with on-call
7. Act as a liaison to Unit Coordinators on client and staffing
8. Provide staff mentoring and feedback.
9. Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide
appropriate behavioral interventions and consequences.
10. Implement therapeutic activities.
11. Facilitate didactic and peer group counseling.
12. Utilize the 12 core functions of counseling with assigned
groups and clients.
13. Coordinate and supervise client recreational activities.
14. Monitor assigned clients by consulting with the addiction
counselors in developing and implementing the individual treatment
plan and scheduling individual sessions to assist the clients with
AA step work and treatment plan objectives.
15. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent
with rules and regulations.
16. Develop and present all client lectures listed on the client
17. Observe, monitor and record group dynamics.
18. Facilitate focal group discussion sessions.
19. Consult with the members of the treatment team and plan daily
therapeutic direction for designated shift.
20. Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of
previous shifts, counselors, teachers, etc.
21. Oversee the neatness of the unit and the proper use of the
equipment and supplies and inform the proper person when supplies
or repairs are indicated.
22. Serve as a member of the Unit Team and participate in all team
meetings and activities.
23. Understand and comply with all of the principles established by
the Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of
24. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every
25. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients and customers
and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing
26. Assume other related responsibilities as assigned by
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law:
Keywords: Rosecrance Inc., Rockford , Shift Supervisor - Located in Rockford, IL, Hospitality & Tourism , Stillman Valley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!