Customer Service Representative - Part Time
Company: Sentry Insurance
Posted on: January 12, 2022
At Sentry, our priority is providing exceptional customer service
and we currently have an opening for you to join this exciting
team. This is a great opportunity to start or grow your career in a
fun, team-focused environment, while facing new challenges to
develop professionally. We're looking for qualified candidates who
will thrive on the front lines by providing stellar service to our
customers over the phone. Bring your strong critical thinking
skills and a "can do" attitude to this fast-paced position.
This is a 20-30 hour per week part-time position with flexibility
in hours Monday - Sunday. Hours for this position are between
9:30a.m - 10:00 p.m., Monday through Sunday. Flexible scheduling
available with shift length varying from 3 hours to 8 hours. Our
schedules are generated three weeks in advance and are based on
your availability and the business needs.
Take the customer service skills you have acquired over the years
to the next level or make a change and start down your new career
path today with our growing team of Service Professionals at one of
the largest mutual insurance companies in the U.S!
Currently we are offering a sign on bonus of $2000 to bilingual
(Spanish) new hires and non-bilingual new hires are eligible for a
$1000 sign on bonus.
What You'll Do
As a Customer Service Representative, you'll work within our
Non-Standard Auto and Motorcycle customer call center to provide
outstanding customer service by responding to inbound calls.
- Handle a high volume of phone calls from agents and
- Perform pre-underwriting screening
- Verify coverage, evaluate submitted bills, and authorize
- Advise customers of billing policies and procedures and process
- Resolve customer inquiries and maintain customer
- Complete administrative tasks and input customer information
into databases for documentation
What it Takes
- High School degree or equivalent work experience
- Call center experience or a customer service background
- High level of accuracy with data entry
- Capable of communicating difficult news
- Flexibility to work during call center hours, must be available
to work until 9 pm during week days and have availability to work
- Ability to multi-task prioritizes, communicate effectively and
- Good working knowledge of PC based computers and familiar with
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) skills a plus
- Underwriting and Rating knowledge beneficial
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best
Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into
that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At
Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation.
Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- To best support our associates and our culture, Sentry is happy
to offer flexibility through a scheduled work from home (Monday and
Friday)/in office days (Tuesday through Thursday) after we begin to
return to the office.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight
percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry
How You'll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one
position that you are most interested in being considered for and
complete your online application details. If you have applied with
us before, you will only need to provide your email address and
password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to
create an account. Please complete your application and upload your
All of us at Sentry-more than 4,000 associates-have various
talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on
our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a
full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to
help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and
service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to
claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a
rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for
ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We
got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and
protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in
us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual
insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M.
Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment
based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability,
age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Jennifer Van Vlack
Keywords: Sentry Insurance, Rockford , Customer Service Representative - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Freeport, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!