Restaurant Systems Manager
Company: Taco Bell - Bell American Group
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Company BackgroundGreg Flynn,
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, founded Flynn Restaurant
Group (FRG) in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebees in
Washington State. Over the next 16 years, Greg strategically
charted the course of the business to develop and acquire more than
750 restaurants that together represent $1.7 billion in sales.While
the initial focus was on growing within the Applebees system, the
company gradually branched out into other brands first adding Taco
Bell in 2013 followed by Panera in 2015 where it was first new
franchise admitted into the system in over 10 years.Today, through
its three wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell
American, and Pan American, the company owns and operates over 480
Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, and 130 Paneras directly employing
40,000 people in 28 states. Combined this makes FRG the largest
restaurant franchise brand, and one of the 50 largest foodservice
companies in the United States.The company proudly stands by Gregs
operating philosophy to provide friendly service, cultivate
customer loyalty and make sure each guest has a quality experience.
This mindset permeates all aspects of the business and has helped
to establish a highly inclusive and collaborative culture the team
has a sense of pride and a deep connection with the companys
mission and success.Going forward the company plans to continue its
aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants
as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and
businesses.Flynn Restaurant Group Support CenterThe corporate
office of Flynn Restaurant Group, also known as the Support Center,
employs over 100 people in nine departments. Located just minutes
south of Cleveland, OH in Independence, the Support Center directly
supports nearly 40,000 employees within all three brands of Flynn
Restaurant Group. Working as a cohesive unit, the Support Center
helps to implement and support the initiatives established by the
operations team and other key decision-makers. The Support Center
is managed by FRGs Chief Improvement Officer, Ron Bellamy, as well
as the strategic leaders of HR, IT, Real Estate, Accounting and
Finance, and Purchasing.Position DescriptionThe Operations/POS
Support Team is accountable for the continuity of the computer
services for the field user utilizing 4000+ terminals, 850+ BOH
Servers, 1,200+ PCs, 500+ tablet devices and more than 20 software
application products. In order to meet this accountability, the POS
Support Team must research software products for applicability to
the operational environment, install appropriate products, and work
closely with vendor personnel to ensure continuity of service. The
software products supported by the POS Support Team include Windows
Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, proprietary POS
software, in-house developed applications, and off-the-shelf
applications.Essential responsibilities will include:Remote User
SupportIndividual is 1st line of contact for supporting the markets
support users (i.e. Area Coaches, Market President, Human Resource
- Ability to manage appropriate response to customer issues.
- Escalate issues to Technology Manager, RSM Manager, or Network
- Installs PC's, Laptops, Printers and related hardware.
Investigates hardware problems and performs all system hardware
repairs as necessary. Performs advanced diagnostic testing. Major
problems or repairs are directed to outside vendors as
- Assist the Network Administrator, System Support Manager, and
POS Manager in testing Application Software such as VPN
connectivity and router installations. Assist Network Administrator
in documentation of software settings.BAG Related Software
SupportProvide Support on all BAG Custom Applications
- Provide 1st level support for BAG Applications to the unit
managers as necessary
- Maintain knowledge of Unit closing routines.
- Report database problems to the Developers and follow up on
solutionsInventoryIndividual will be responsible for maintaining a
monthly and yearly Inventory.
- Maintain and monitor stocking levels for spare equipment, spare
parts, and supplies.
- Work with responsible AD and market accountant to maintain
- Follow up on warranties and repairs of faulty
equipment.Restaurant Openings & RemodelsResponsible for maintaining
restaurant openings checklist
- Track and Monitor status of assigned tasks
- Process invoices for stock and suppliesSecurity
CamerasIndividual is responsible for maintaining Restaurant CCTV
- Replace defective Cameras
- Add cameras based on store and market needs.
- Maintain Hardware tracking list
- Install CCTV Equipment in New Restaurant Openings.Phones
SystemIndividual is responsible for maintaining In house telephone
- Replace defective Phones
- Troubleshoot internal wiring.AudioIndividual is responsible for
maintaining Audio Equipment
- Replace defective Audio EquipmentHelp Desk SupportTakes all 1st
level help desk calls from the Taco Bell Help Desk for Hardware
issues. Will distribute 2nd level help desk calls to the
appropriate personnel, i.e., Restaurant Technology Manager, RSM
Manager, Network Administrator, or Application Developers.
- Contact Taco Bell Help Desk or Vendor Software Support Help
Desks when units are dissatisfied with service to achieve
- Close tickets upon resolution.
- Follow up with reoccurring issues to resolution.
- Report reoccurring issues to Restaurant Technology Manager, RSM
Manager, and Network Administrator.
- Maintain knowledge of Down Hard procedures.
- Communicate with operations Estimated Time of Repair(ETR)POS
HardwareHas entry level hardware knowledge. This includes
understanding of POS Hardware, BOH Server Hardware and Internet
- Installs PC's and related hardware. Investigates hardware
problems and performs minor system hardware repairs. Performs basic
diagnostic testing. Major problems or repairs are directed to
outside vendors as necessary. This requires basic knowledge of PC
hardware installation, repair, testing, and troubleshooting.
- PC Repair and POS Equipment repair repair and replacement of
components such as hard drives, cooling fans, power supplies, LCD
screens, touch screens, etc.
- Basic LAN/WAN knowledge CAT5 wiring, 802.11 technologies,
testing, and troubleshooting.
- Installs and configures new restaurant hardware. Also
responsible for reviewing, monitoring and upgrading existing
restaurant systems. Determines user specifications for hardware and
- Communicate with operations Estimated Time of
Repair(ETR)Networking EquipmentIndividual will maintain,
troubleshoot and install the networking equipment in the office
- Must maintain knowledge and understanding of all Comcast
equipment including switch, and router.
- Follow technical drawings to meet Panera specs for wiring and
setup of all associated equipment.
- Understanding of advanced networking equipment and blade
servers mounted in the stack.POS Software (eRestaurant,
XPIENT)Individual will need 1st level knowledge of the POS
- Must maintain knowledge and understanding of basic POS software
functions in eRestaurant andDrive ThruIndividual will need 1st
level knowledge of the drive thru software and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot the OCB (order confirmation board)
- Troubleshoot and work with vendors to solve issues occurring
with the Loop Vehicle Detection.
- Understanding of HME Bluetooth headsets.
- Ability to troubleshoot Timer hardware.
- Document hardware settings as necessaryDuty Coverage
- Must be on call 24 x 7. Duties will be shared with IT Area
Coach or assistant to cover days off and vacations.
- Flexible schedule that will vary weekly depending on special
projects or equipment down. Hours may vary from week to week 30
hours one week to 50+ another.
- Must be available for high priority on site visits while the
restaurants are staffed.
- Communicate with operations Estimated Time of Repair(ETR)Travel
- Must be available for travel within the Market and to the
Support Center or other locations for Training.Desired Skills and
- Strong knowledge and experience with restaurant operations as
well as a good working knowledge of POS systems.
- Must be a good communicator.
- A+ Certification is a plus.Why Work for Flynn?Flynn Restaurant
Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and
empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee
work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety
of benefits and perks while working for us:Medical / Dental
VisionRetirement and Savings PlanShort and Long Term
DisabilityBasic Life InsuranceVoluntary Life InsuranceTuition
ReimbursementPaid Time OffFlexible Work SchedulesPC/Laptop
AssistancesThe Flynn Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity
EmployerBrand: Taco BellAddress: 123 Main Street Rockford, IL -
61101Property Description: 3053 - Great Lakes Regional
OfficeProperty Number: 1000
Keywords: Taco Bell - Bell American Group, Rockford , Restaurant Systems Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!