Licensed Practical Nurse, Presence Saint Anne Center
Company: Presence Health
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Requisition ID: 57615
Location: PLC St Anne Center
4405 Highcrest Road, Rockford, IL 61107-1452 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Licensed Professional Nurse (LPN) - Senior Services practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience the nursing process and leadership skills. Coordinates family involvement in the treatment, continuing care of the patient, and ensures completion of patient care tasks by appropriate caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends report, receives assignments, and provides nursing care as assigned; Consults with and keeps supervisor informed of activities, needs, and problems with regard to assigned patients.
- Receives and transcribes orders. Initiates and keeps care plans up-to-date
- Provides direct patient care including: assisting CNAs when needed, answering call lights, checking charts, administering medications; performing treatments, repositioning patients, giving range of motion exercises, etc.; taking vital signs; changing dressings; inserting and checking catheters, measuring output; reinserting gastric tubes; irrigating colostomies; giving enemas; administering insulin; setting up oxygen and checking oxygen delivery; and checking bed rails and restraints, and assisting with feeding.
- Observes patients for color and condition of skin, response to medications, treatments, diet, symptoms of infection or communicable diseases, unusual symptoms, adverse reactions, emesis, drainage, and discharges, bleeding, etc. Observes patients psycho-social interaction.
- Performs charting duties, including medications and intake, and reports anything significant or abnormal to supervisor. Maintains required records, reports, and statistics.
This represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
Experience in a long term care or acute hospital setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Licensed Practical Nurse with current Illinois License and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Skilled NSG SAC
Job Segment: LPN, Nursing, Patient Care, Nutrition, Healthcare
Keywords: Presence Health, Rockford , Licensed Practical Nurse, Presence Saint Anne Center, Healthcare , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!