Company: Pearl Pavilion
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Pearl Pavilion - ***$8 COVID19 BONUS AVAILABLE FOR EVERY HOURLY
***OFFERRING SAME DAY PAY THROUGH THE DAILY PAY***
JOB SUMMARY: Organize and assign all jobs to be done on his/her
shift so that the work load is evenly divided among his/her
employees on the basis of staff size and qualifications, pass
medications at the appropriate times, and care for the clinical
nursing needs of residents on his/her wing.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and hold
a current Registered Professional Nurse's license in the State of
Illinois or a Licensed Practical Nurse license.
- Must have working knowledge of general nursing.
- * Must be qualified to assume the position by training and /or
previous experience of a supervisory status, preferably in a health
- * Must possess the ability to make independent decisions and
- * Must have the ability and the willingness to supervise and
work harmoniously with professional and non-professional
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English in an
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing routine
- Excellence in all aspects of quality nursing including
- Good managerial, organizational, planning, and interpersonal
- Leadership qualities that motivate and direct the nursing
- Be personable with residents, families, and staff in a
professional and cooperative manner.
- Must have compassion, tolerance, and understanding for the
- Knowledge of JCAHO, OBRA, IDPH, and HFS regulations related
duties and responsibilities.
- Support the facility's philosophy of care and strive to achieve
its goals and objectives.
- Be sensitive to residents' families and respond in an
appropriate professional way as the situation requires.
- Assign all aides to residents, spelling out break times and all
special duties to be completed.
- Supervise all aides in performing their duties by checking
their work closely to ascertain that assignments have been
- Administer all parenteral, intramuscular, and sub-cutaneous
- Make daily rounds on the wing to ensure that individual Care
Plans are being followed and assess each resident's status in
accord with his/her Care Plan.
- Assist in updating the Care Plan every 30-90 days depending on
the resident's condition.
- Recommend changes needed in staff as to number of aides and
kind of work performed.
- Participate in staff meetings in order to keep staff
performance at optimum level.
- Administer or supervise all treatments prescribed by physician
- a) decubitis care
- b) foley catheter care
- c) hot and cold compounds
- d) intravenous care
- e) etc.
- Personally receive or place calls to physicians and transcribe
all physician's orders.
- Administer all medications. Maintain a current and annual
report of narcotics received and used.
- Daily review the documentation of dispensing controlled
substances and narcotics. Reviews the records no less than weekly,
or sooner if a discrepancy is noted, to ascertain that they are
properly counted and documented from shift to shift utilizing EMR
- Order and give all new medications and chart same when done
using the EMR system.
- Direct charting in his/her shift and make monthly detailed
evaluation of all resident charting so that charts reflect progress
and condition of residents in the EMR system.
- Be responsible for well-being and nursing care of all residents
assigned to his/her unit while on duty. Contact families regarding
significant decline in resident's status or transfer to hospital
documenting contact in the EMR.
- Make rounds and observe individual residents who are
experiencing episodes of acute illness, deterioration in health
status, recent injury, recovering from surgery, etc., so as to be
acquainted with the resident's status, both physically and
emotionally and to ascertain that the staff is rendering proper
- At all times abide by policies of the facility and ascertain
that employees under his/her supervision do the same.
- Supervise serving of prescribed diets and fluid intake (it is
acceptable to document only deviations from normal) and report
persistent unresolved problems to the DON.
- Ensure that all medications and treatments are charted by the
person administering the medication or completing the treatment on
his/her assigned shift (EMR system).
- Prepare incident/accident reports, events and observations
using the EMR system.
- Ensure that a copy of the medical records or an abstract of
them are forwarded with the transfer of residents to a hospital or
other health care facility.
- Detect and correct situations that have a high probability of
causing accidents or injuries to residents and/or staff.
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and free of
hazardous conditions, i.e. spills, excess carts, etc. and that
equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored while working,
as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and
end of the work day.
- Assure that established infection control and universal
precaution practices are maintained when performing nursing
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Report all equipment malfunctions and breakdowns to the ADON as
soon as possible and keep the ADON informed of supply needs and
equipment needing replacement.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information and honor
his/her personal and property rights.
- Attend nursing department, Care Plan, and other meetings as
directed by the DON or ADON.
- Turn in Days Off and payroll special request forms, supply
sheets, in a timely fashion.
- Follow established fire, disaster, safety, infection control
and evacuation policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the DON, ADON, or
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Pearl Pavilion, Rockford , Floor Nurse, Healthcare , Freeport, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...