Company: Perryville Pet Hospital
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Perryville Pet Hospital -
Veterinary Assistant Job Summary
We are looking for a compassionate Veterinary Assistant to support
our veterinarians and certified technicians! You will be
responsible for assisting veterinary staff with patient care,
giving extra TLC to patients, performing administrative tasks, and
maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in the exam and operating
rooms. Our ideal candidate is willing to learn new skills and
develop their talents as an assistant, and be willing to train in
all areas of the hospital. You must have a passion for caring for
animals and excellent customer service skills. If you like animals
but don't like people, this is not the job for you. Pet's don't
come in on their own! Communication and team work is necessary with
our hospital team and with the pet caregivers!
Veterinary Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide cheese, treats and yummy distractions to patients in
need of extra TLC during their visits.
- Care for animals by bathing, feeding, watering, and
- Assist in holding and restraining animals during exams and
- Clean and sterilize instruments, equipment, and tools
- Ensure exam and operating rooms are stocked and
- Keep animal bedding & kennel environment clean, including
- Administer medications
- Assist in collecting samples such as blood or urine for
- Communicate with owners and families on surgery and recovery
- Perform administrative duties such as updating filesj,
processing payments and answering calls.
Veterinary Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree or course
credit in veterinary technology or animal science from an American
Veterinary Medical Association-accredited program a plus
- 1+ years of experience in animal care or in a clinic
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time
- Basic understanding of animal behavior and health care
- Passion for working with animals and their caregivers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint,
Outlook, and Excel, or Google docs)
- Attention to detail in order to maintain accurate patient
- Physical ability to restrain larger pets when
- Able to work 1 saturday per month, rarely 2.
- Rotate 7:30-6pm shifts on surgery days if needed.
Keywords: Perryville Pet Hospital, Rockford , Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!