Registered Nurse (RN) OR Circulator - PRN
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Company DescriptionOrthoIllinois' state-of-the-art Surgery
Center is representative of its commitment to comprehensive patient
care. Conveniently located on the same campus as our main clinical
building, the Center's physicians and staff utilize leading-edge
technology and provide personalized care in a cost-effective
manner. The OrthoIllinois Surgery Center is ideal for surgery or
pain management procedures that do not require an overnight
hospital stay. This means patients arrive at the center on the day
of the surgery, undergo the surgical procedure in an operating
room, and recuperate under the care of our experienced nursing
staff. When ready, the patient is escorted that same day by a
family member or companion, to continue recovery in the comfort of
their own home. Each member of our staff strives to provide a
comfortable experience to ensure a complete and faster recovery.Job
DescriptionThe OR Circulator is responsible for providing direct
patient care in the surgical environment, assisting with the
maintenance of surgical equipment and inventory, assessing the
operating room for equipment functioning and readiness, obtaining
supplies for individual cases, and assuring all appropriate needs
of the surgical operating team are met. Essential Duties:
- Appraises cleanliness of rooms and proper functioning of
- Assists positioning of patient prepares operative area and
adjusts table to proper position according to standard
- Understanding of Aseptic Technique during setting up with the
opening of all sterile packs and supplies.
- Clean and restock all areas on a daily basis and maintain safe
environment including anesthesia carts.
- Assists surgeons, anesthesiologists, and other personnel as
needed to ensure safe quality patient care.
- Maintains records of procedure and reports any unusual
occurrences or incidents.
- Ensures all medications are administered and charted according
to established policies and procedures.
- Assists in clean up of operating room following surgery,
including proper disposal of used supplies and sharps, cleaning and
decontamination of instruments, equipment and operating room.
- Ability to maintain narcotic count at the beginning and end of
the day. Maintain accurate records of all narcotics dispensed or
added to inventory in the narcotic log. Report immediately any
- Ability to initiate and complete all intraoperative counts with
appropriate documentation according to present policy.
- Provides orderly progression of schedule by sending for
following patients at proper times and notifies personnel of any
- Carefully preps surgical site.
- Accompanies patient and anesthesia to PACU
- Assures the proper supplies, equipment and instrumentation are
available for surgical procedures pertinent to patient care.
- Ability to outdate sterile supplies and understanding of dates,
and assist with inventory including quarterly counts.
- Ability to function in the instrument sterilization room,
wrapping, running all types of sterilizers, understanding of
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of surgical procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local procedure monitor vital signs,
and observe patient for changes in condition.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate administration of
medications and treatments according to policy, procedure and
- Ability to initiate and confirm Time Out for every procedure
intraoperatively with the entire surgical team.Qualifications
- A current Illinois license as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous OR experience.
- Previous critical care experience.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, certification within 3-6 months of hire and
maintains during the course of employment.
- An outgoing, friendly personality with the ability to take
- The ability to work independently with minimal
- Written and oral communication skills.Benefits available at
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life insurance and additional Voluntary Life
- Company paid Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous paid time off program and holidays
- Company paid wellness program
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Discounted cell phone service and discounts with local
vendorsAdditional InformationAll your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: OrthoIllinois, Rockford , Registered Nurse (RN) OR Circulator - PRN, Healthcare , Rockford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!