Health Service Specialist -CNA/CMA- 2nd Shift - Located in Rockford, IL
Company: Rosecrance Inc.
Location: South Beloit
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally
recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health
disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With
nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our
physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary,
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare
leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and
provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery.
Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Directly supervise clients being treated in the Health Center and
other units as needed. - Provide continuity of program services in
an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic
environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and
accreditation standards. - Participate as a team member in the
delivery of addictions treatment services to clients and their
families and to facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum CNA, CMA or EMT certification or greater or currently
in enrolled in program for RN or LPN
- CPR/BLS and First Aid training complete within three
- Skilled in behavioral management techniques
- Ability to lead discussion and educational
- Valid Illinois driver's license
- Work hours prescribed by the supervisor and any additional
hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned. Overtime
may be required.
- Work as a member of the Health Center milieu treatment
- Supervise and manage the behavior of the clients and provide
appropriate behavioral interventions to maintain a therapeutic
- Facilitate therapy and psychoeducation group sessions.
- Coordinate, supervise and implement client activities.
- Directly observe clients every 15 minutes or shorter intervals
- Transport clients as required.
- Perform cleaning/housekeeping/laundry tasks as
- Oversee and maintain the neatness/cleanliness of the unit and
the proper use of the equipment and supplies and to inform the
proper person when supplies or repairs are indicated.
- Assist with client admissions.
- Completely and accurately enter all required client information
into the computerized entry system at the time of client admission;
have nurse on duty review forms for accuracy; print forms to be put
in the client chart
- Assist with verification of admissions medications at admission
with client's physician or pharmacy.
- Assist with collecting client health history and report to
- Assist in client orientation to the unit.
- Perform cursory body checks for contraband.
- Assist with the medical care of clients
- Assist with vital signs assessments and communication of health
information to nurses.
- Assist with withdrawal screens as directed by the
- Transcribe orders.
- Perform CLIA waived testing such as glucose monitoring, urine
drug screens, and covid 19 testing.
- Assist in observation of medication self-administration by
clients. Monitor and document client's response to medication and
report any notable response immediately.
- Act as an advocate for all clients and report all
physical/psychological concerns to the medical and clinical
- Schedule client follow up medical appointments and coordinate
transportation if necessary to outside providers.
- Work as a member of the RHC treatment team.
- Attend all scheduled meetings of staff, such as treatment plan
reviews, shift meetings or appropriate committee meetings as
- Read all logs and obtain pertinent information from staff of
previous shifts, counselors, staff, etc.
- Record daily all pertinent information based on observations
and involvement with the group and to communicate this information
to other staff.
- Understand and comply with all principles established by the
Rosecrance Corporate Compliance Program and Code of
- Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every
- Serve as a role model for other staff, clients and customers
and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing
- Assume other related responsibilities as assigned by
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Sunday - Thursday
- 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Health insurance with multiple plan options to meet your
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer
- Group Life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications
- Paid Time Off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Work Location: Rosecrance Harrison Campus - Rockford, IL
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Rosecrance Inc., Rockford , Health Service Specialist -CNA/CMA- 2nd Shift - Located in Rockford, IL, Healthcare , South Beloit, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!